Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you bike commute to work? [oglethorpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Fizzy, you are a better man than I am. I'm back from one of 3 two week trips I take to London every year. As I walk to The City I am always in awe of you guys. Even with the new toll and extra bike lanes (not to mention the purported civility of UK drivers) it still looks dangerous. God bless you. [/reply]

My main problem isn't the traffic (makes a 30mph paceline feel non-deadly, and I use an old MTB that weighs as much as some of the cars) but the number of times I get refused entrance to my own office and asked to use the couriers' entrance at the side of the building (after all, nobody with a so-called job in The City would ride a bike, now, would they...?!)

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you bike commute to work? [Fizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I forgot you guys wear those "city suits" which are basically made out of material with the same thickness as Kevlar. If you go down the pavement suffers, not you right? Anyway, you at least are fortunate that they let you in the side entrance. Here in Chicago I don't think any high rise building would let you in any door with your bike. Fortunately, I also work 15 minute walk from work and 5 minutes from my club, so commuting is not an issue.
Quote Reply

Prev Next