Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do I have enough time?
Quote | Reply
Hello all..
I just signed up for the NYC marathon 2020 on Nov 1st, and by "signed up" I mean I entered the lottery. I probably won't get in, but, in the off chance I do get in do you guys think that there is enough time between my first IM70.3 (New Jersey) on Sept 13th and the NYC marathon Nov 1st? So basically a month and a half to recover and maintain the fitness I have obtained during my 80/20 training plan that I will start in May leading up to the 70.3.... Is this doable? If so, any suggestions on what to do following the 70.3 as far as
1. Recovery
2. Getting my run milage up ( I think my longest runs in the 70.3 training plan max out at around 3hrs.)
3. Maintaining gained fitness

Thanks!
E
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have enough time? [ejoe156] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These two events are in no way dissonant. Train for them both, you’ll be fine.

3hr run scheduled for a HIM training plan is a red flag IMO, unless it’s because of NYC.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have enough time? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

3hr run scheduled for a HIM training plan is a red flag IMO, unless it’s because of NYC.

I wondered if that meant 3 hours total running in the max run week? Maybe OP can clarify
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, no problem. Did Indian Wells 70.3 in December 2018 then month later Dopey Challenge at Disney.

If you have not done it, NYC Marathon is awesome! If don’t lottery then charity slots are pretty available. Logistics and sitting at the park for hours before the gun need preparation (food, old clothes to leave, waterproof stuff if wet). I recommend what people told me is to get the poncho option instead of bag drop (shorter walk after the finish) especially if staying local. Enjoy!!

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have enough time? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your right. I checked again, that was a mistake. Looks like my longest single run workout will be 2hrs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's plenty of time I would think. I ran a strong, for me, half marathon by piggy backing off my 70.3 training.
Quote Reply