Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do HRM/Bike computer with interactive training capabilities exist?
Quote | Reply
Dear All,

I am in need of some advise.

I have been out of the sport for quite a number of years and slowly getting back to training now. Realizing I have used too much time working and too little time training, - for way too long.

My training will mostly focus on the bike to a start. Most of my rides will be by myself. I am currently in the market for a heart rate monitor/ bike computer or similar that can help me in my training. I wonder if there are any products available today which have built in proper training programs which can for instance track progress of training and which adjusts and develops the training programs as my form evolves?

I understand I may be asking way too much and I admit i have no clue how HRMs/Bike computers have evolved over the recent years.

If such devices are not available, any advise on best-in-class HRM/Bike computer will be highly appreciated as well.

Thank you for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: Do HRM/Bike computer with interactive training capabilities exist? [seismic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been a long time Garmin user and recently upgraded from the Edge 705 to the Edge 530 and it is a game changer for me. Can do pretty much everything to set up the device via my phone, plus things like power workouts display visually. I sync up the Gamin App with TrainingPeaks and it automatically loads workouts into the Edge, I select it and go. Just FYI, I think the 1030 is touch screen but I got the MTB package for the 530 and it comes with the remote which is very useful.

I have friends that have the Wahoo computers and they speak very highly of them as well - easy to set up and use with phone, etc. I have just be brand loyal to Garmin and they all work.

Also, I do highly recommend the Varia (note DC Rainmaker had a link to a good deal on it - plus he is the go to expert for all things electronic, so you should read his comparisons as well). It is useful when on the road and I really like the simple display it gives me for cars approaching.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Do HRM/Bike computer with interactive training capabilities exist? [seismic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xert does it with power if you want to go that route
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Garmin watches seem to be a nice mature technology. They don't do exactly what you want but they can provide you with data about what happened during the workout and they can keep it all in one place and they give you feedback while you are working out. Once you get the watch set up with your heart rate zones and will show you some nice charts and such. You don't need to spend billions of dollar s I bought a 920 XT used which was a top-of-the-line watch in 2014 and now sells for about a hundred bucks in great shape. I find the recovery metrics and sleep tracking are not very accurate or useful but beyond that it provides me with a nice picture of what's going on.
Quote Reply