Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Disc brake disc wheels out there? [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been emailing them too.
Word is the d5-25mm wide disc-disc is available for order now with a 25 day production lead.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duduardoman wrote:
Wrote to them... they don't have an ETA yet... they look good and they're 27 mm wide.

realbdeal wrote:
Yoeleo, arguably one of the more respected names when it comes to chinese carbon, just announced their disc brake disc wheel. Looks significantly better than the Farsports one in my opinion. Just having some texture helps. It is about 100grams heavier though. No listing on the website yet.

that looks like a Roval321 +360grams :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duduardoman wrote:
I've doing some research on this topic... am I missing any other wheel manufacturer currently selling disc brake disc wheels?

HED JET PLUS DISC2
ZIPP SUPER 9 DISC
ROVAL 321

Is that it?

Thanks!

My Rim supplier who sells to brands only. Ie, not consumer direct has a 25 mm wide tubeless ready disc brake wheelset

I am currently running it with rim brake option as well to test between rim and disc brakes. It has worked quite well.

First one layup was too light and it de-laminated. On a little heavier one now I am no problem for a few months. around 1300 grams I recall

Can get you for a fair price. if interested, please PM me

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw Bec Wiasak's Parlee TT bike on Sunday - Disc Parlee with zipp disc. Very nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brake disc wheels out there? [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can shortly add Parcours to the list...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any guesses on when Swiss Side releases a rear disc to the market? Lange, Phillip, and Dreitz have all ridden Swiss Side-marked rear discs recently
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We also do them (£996 ex tax from the UK), 1150g. Aero data is on the site vs HED & Zipp, orders placed now due in July.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brake disc wheels out there? [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Xavier,

What sort of margin of error is there in these results? (Maybe the 0.4W and 0.6W differences either way at the different speeds between the HED and the Zipp are essentially the same?).

....and the 1.3W and 1.9W differences between your Aeox and HED and Zipp are going to be in relation to in the order of 300W (I'm somewhat less for this speed but I'm using round numbers).....so also makes me wonder about margins of error.

I am in no way being critical and really appreciate you putting the data out there. The consistent trend of Aeox requiring less work up to 10 degree yaw is quite compelling, I'm just trying to get a sense of crossover (particularly at lower yaws).
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brake disc wheels out there? [rmba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Error bars are on the graph - you can see that it’s pretty even at 0-2.5deg but from 5 to 10deg it’s clear cut. The data are multiple measurements as well, not just one single set of yaw angles for each wheel so that’s why the error bars are quite tight for a pedalling rider. We also use a rider who has spent hours in the wind tunnel for consistency - helps that he’s our head of engineering so he understands the problems!

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brake disc wheels out there? [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that was really obvious....don't know how I missed it! Sorry for the superfluous question!

Love your work.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brake disc wheels out there? [rmba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem - thanks for the kind comments :)

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What disc brake disc wheel did you decide on getting? I'm considering the 27 mil Yoeleo disc but would feel better if I knew someone else who bought it and liked it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next