Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc Wheel Damage
Quote | Reply
Ok, here's the problem: I did a Sprint Race this weekend with my brand new Corima Disc that I had only ridden once before the race. The bike course was really smooth except for a couple of bumps and rough spots in the road but nothing too bad. After the race I checked over my wheels and notice that the Disc had a little damage to it. I'm not sure exactly how to descibe it but the damage is located on the outside of the wheel against the tubular tire. It kinda looks like a bubble but it isn't very noticeable at all. The scales (if you have ever looked at a Corima disc up close you will see that it has kind of a scaley outside texture to it.)of the outside are kind frayed and sticking out a little. I am definately taking it in to my LBS to take a look at it but I was wondering if anyone else has seen or had this before and what did you do about it? I'm a really pissed that after one 15 mile ride it would do this! Thanks for the help!!!

Cody
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Wheel Damage [Spiderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could be one of a few things:

a) damage to the rim surface as a result of improper tyre inflation. Hard sell for a free replacement

b) improper wetting of carbon and/or compaction during cure phase

Those are carbon fibres sticking out. There could also be a defect in the foam core. This wheel is unsafe, don't ride it any more.

Most likely, you will be offered a crash replacement. It could, however, be determined that it was a manufacturing flaw (say you had inflated the tyre to over 150 psi) and you could get a warranty repair/replacement.
Last edited by: bunnyman: Apr 28, 03 20:48
Quote Reply