Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Direct Drive Trainers.....Maintenance?
Quote | Reply
Was wondering, how long do the bearings in a direct trainer generally last? How about the driver itself? Anyone have one long enough to require maintenance and how big a PITA it is or is not to do on your own(if it can be done on your own and not void a warranty) Maybe none of this questioning is applicable.

I just want to be aware of what I might be getting into if I go this route vs my wheel on KK machine(need to do wheel bearing replacement on my trainer wheel)
Quote Reply
Re: Direct Drive Trainers.....Maintenance? [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a used Wahoo Kickr and it was pretty clear that the belt was needed to be replaced. ...and it broke the first time I tried to ride it! Wahoo wants something like $70 for the belt, but I could source the same spec belt for ~$15 on-line. The fix was pretty simple to do (about the same difficulty as changing a chain). It's been running well ever since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used my direto fora year now. Zero issues.

Before that I had a kk. No issues there on the machine but it would grind up a tire or two every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a cycleops hammer for a year now with no issues. I put about 2500 zwift miles on it fit reference of use.
Quote Reply