Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dinner tonight in Panama city beach
Quote | Reply
We have a dinner for those who prefer to eat with less than 2000 people around them...

Rroof, Zulu, me, Konaby2008, Don JC & T...anyone else?

6.30pm.

FLA Jill - any good italian restaurant you can recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight in Panama city beach [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not super familiar with anything that far east, but if you don't mind a bit of a drive, I've heard reasonably good things about the Spicy Noodle on US 98 on the west side of Lake Powell (just west of the Bay County line) or Angelina's (US 98 across Lake Powell, then go left on CR 30-A to Seagrove Beach) though I haven't eaten at either of those places myself.

We're pretty picky, and haven't done a ton of exploring in PCB for food since when usually figure we can hold on for another 15-30 minutes and make it back to ssome place in South Walton that we know we'll like.
Last edited by: FLA Jill: Nov 3, 05 7:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you racing?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight in Panama city beach [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is Bib #40.

Will this post get deleted for "outing"?
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight in Panama city beach [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
He is Bib #40.

Will this post get deleted for "outing"?
I'm sure you will be OK, at least you refrained from putting his phone number down. Although you may be considered for banishment because you said you "hated" MattinSF.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck to all of you. Kick some ass!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight in Panama city beach [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is wrong with hate? I can't hate? I thought I could hate anything except an online-tristore?
Last edited by: Monk: Nov 3, 05 10:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to meet you guys again. Let me know where. If you reply to this, I'll get an e-mail on phone.

BTW, I have an extra ticket for the carbo dinner. If anyone knows someone who can use it, let me know and I'll be glad to give it to them.
Last edited by: doherjo1: Nov 3, 05 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight in Panama city beach [doherjo1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! dinner same place tonight (italian, convenient)...
6.30 at Sweet Basil near the cinemas. About 3mi west from race site off Frontbeach road.

So far we have triathlete2000 (I think that's her nick) and hubby, Heavy D, Miami79, Herbert, rroof, doherjo1, Zulu, maybe Konaby2008, myself, Jsmith and friends, Don JC and T...

so 6.30pm at Sweet Basil...

hopefully, my face will not swell up by then as I was stung by a jellfyfish on the face this am...burns quite a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"hopefully, my face will not swell up by then as I was stung by a jellfyfish on the face this am...burns quite a bit. "

I've heard if you get someone to pee on the spot you got stung then the urine helps to neutralize the sting. Just be careful who and how you ask or you could end up in the slammer...
Quote Reply
Re: Dinner tonight in Panama city beach [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah...as if you were the first to say that today ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jellyfish Stings Treatment [/url]|Self-Care at Home|

Care of the injured person begins immediately:

• Protect rescuers from contact with the jellyfish or jellyfish tentacles. All rescuers should consider protective clothing and gloves in order to protect themselves so they can better rescue and treat the victim.

• Remove the victim from the water.

• Rinse the affected area with salt water or don’t rinse it at all. Do not rinse the involved area of skin with fresh water, because it will further activate nematocysts and worsen the reaction.

• Using protective gloves or forceps, remove any tentacles still in contact with the victim.

• Apply acetic acid 5% (white vinegar). This will inactivate undischarged nematocysts and the toxin and will help to decrease symptoms.

• Use over-the-counter pain medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) to control pain symptoms. Immobilize the area that was poisoned to prevent further spread. For example, if a foot was stung, encourage the victim to keep the area still with as little movement as possible.

• If the victim appears ill, do the following:

• Lay the victim down.

• If the victim begins vomiting, roll the victim onto his or her side so that the vomit is not breathed in.

• Call for an ambulance.

[/url]|Medical Treatment|

Care involves general support, wound care, and pain control.

• General support

• You may need help breathing in extreme cases (such as with a severe box jellyfish poisoning).

• Your vital signs will be monitored. Low blood pressure, or shock, will initially be treated with IV fluids, followed by appropriate medications.

• Severe allergic reactions will always be considered and treated with appropriate medications.

• Serious poisonings by the box jellyfish of Australia require an antivenom. This antivenom reverses the effect of the poison and can be life saving.

• Wound care

• The affected area will be rinsed with salt water or normal saline to inactivate the nematocysts (stingers). Fresh water will not be used because it will cause the release of more toxins.

• The area may also be rinsed with acetic acid 5% (vinegar) to inactivate undischarged nematocysts and the toxins.

• Doctors will use gloves and forceps to remove any remaining attached tentacles.

• Pain control

• Itching is usually treated with an antihistamine, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl).

• Oral pain medicines may be given.

• The doctor may give you topical corticosteroids and oral steroids (Prednisone) if your reaction is severe.

• You may be given a tetanus booster if needed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that sucks Francois. I was brushed in the chest by some large fish! I'm not really afraid of fish/sharks, but 'kinda freaked me out. I just thought it was a weird angle from someone swimming nearby. Stopped, looked around and NO ONE near me. I was way out at the left turn heading into the sun.

Anyway, I'll be there with the family (Sweet Basils). Near the Cinema you say - I rode by there today. See 'ya there!

Quote | Reply
Francois,

I got persuaded to go to the pasta dinner. Are you guys coming over to the meeting at 7:30? Met CCF today, but he is the only slowtwitcher so far...

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yes! dinner same place tonight (italian, convenient)...
6.30 at Sweet Basil near the cinemas. About 3mi west from race site off Frontbeach road.

It's right by the Waffle House, if that helps. heehee

I'll be there. Not sure about Heavy D. I think he's going to the carbo dinner.
Quote Reply