Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage
Quote | Reply
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Eric_Lambi_6945.html

In the article it says 130pounds 190watt on a HIM course in 2h20.. Is it just me or does this seem ridiculously fast for such a low wattage (assuming it's the full 90km bike course)? That would be 39,1km/h or 24,2mph..
I typically push 260watts for 141pounds and average a just slightly faster speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you need to get a Dimond.

I swim fast because I'm afraid of sharks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me for his size. I would be looking more at your setup and gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t think that’s exceptional by any means. I push just 10w more over that distance and hold a similar speed even though I’m much bigger (6’1”, 175lbs).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"is it just me or does this seem ridiculously fast for such a low wattage"

no. that's 3.2 watts/kg. you're focusing on the wrong part of the equation.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me for his size. I would be looking more at your setup and gear.

Cervelo p3c with Reynolds strike wheels and Deda kronos bars with zipp vula evo 110mm. Long sleeve trisuit, specialized evade and fizik r1b shoes.

I posted 9th fasted bikesplit overall in my last 70.3. So my setup is ok.

jkhayc wrote:
"is it just me or does this seem ridiculously fast for such a low wattage"

no. that's 3.2 watts/kg. you're focusing on the wrong part of the equation.

3,2w/kg really is not that high.. that's well in my zone2. But maybe my perspictive is skewed, it just seemed to be a ridiculously low wattage for someone to be flying around at 40kph.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3.2 watts/kg is in your zone 2? must be nice. w/ 3.8watts/kg i biked a 2:09 on a flat but shit pavement course, and at 3.3 i biked a 2:11 on a good pavement flat course and faster bike (fit the same).. your setup may be fine but sounds like your fit could use some work at 140lbs.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Jul 25, 18 13:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
3.2 watts/kg is in your zone 2? must be nice. w/ 3.8watts/kg i biked a 2:09 on a flat but shit pavement course, and at 3.3 i biked a 2:11 on a good pavement flat course and faster bike (fit the same).. your setup may be fine but sounds like your fit could use some work at 140lbs.

Let's not turn this around.. I'm perfectly happy with my performances. And my fit has been confirmed to be good by Dan Empfield.
It seems like I just didn't expect those wattages to push you that fast on a flat course. I never race flat courses and specialize in hilly triathlons so didn't have a clue. Maybe I should go try one out, might set a new course record haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting outlook. IMO, by questioning the Marquise owner's watts:mph ratio (assuming they are correct, which is very believable) you are implying some dissatisfaction with your own bike results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That seems totally in line for that power with a small rider in a good position.

I rode Gulf Coast 70.3 this year in 2:35, and I was taking it very easy at 183W. I was 185 lbs. and 5-10 at the time. I am pretty sure that if I was only 5-5, 130 lbs., and on a much smaller bike, I would easily have approached 2:20 at the power I rode. And, if I rode my usual 220W, I probably would have hit pretty close to 2:20.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Tri_Bike_by_brand/The_Marquise_of_Eric_Lambi_6945.html

In the article it says 130pounds 190watt on a HIM course in 2h20.. Is it just me or does this seem ridiculously fast for such a low wattage (assuming it's the full 90km bike course)? That would be 39,1km/h or 24,2mph..
I typically push 260watts for 141pounds and average a just slightly faster speed.

I did 2:37 at Tremblant 70.3 at a NP of 180w and weight of 183 (yes I'm overweight).

So Lambi's time given his body weight seems pretty reasonable to me! Nice bike too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

Yep, I biked a 2:13 on 3.15w/kg (229w) on a flat course on my Dimond.

Eric, do you have any pics of you on the bike you can post? Your pads look high wrt to the seat to be posting such good bike splits, would like to see the actual fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's unusual.

I'm no where near his power/speed, but. I'm almost the exact same size. I'm just under 5'6" and around 128-130 lbs. I did Steelhead HIM @ 20.5 mph on 146 NP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 50/36 that’s funny! Probably 650 wheels. Is this setup for a girl?
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
At 130 pounds you're not going to mashing a 53 x 11 and he could live in a hilly area so what do you find funny?
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:

Sorry, that was my bad, it is a 52/36. I don't understand anything else that you are saying though, it is 700c. If it were 650c it would need a bigger chainring. Obviously there are a lot of women that could fit my bike well, I'm about the height of an average woman. What's your point?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

Sorry, that was my bad, it is a 52/36. I don't understand anything else that you are saying though, it is 700c. If it were 650c it would need a bigger chainring. Obviously there are a lot of women that could fit my bike well, I'm about the height of an average woman. What's your point?

I gotta assume his point was to make sure everyone knew he was sexist AND an asshole... And quite frankly, I don't think there's any way he could've done that more efficiently.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

I gotta assume his point was to make sure everyone knew he was sexist AND an asshole... And quite frankly, I don't think there's any way he could've done that more efficiently.

Dan may be fast, but that definitely wasn't a smart thing to say out loud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys -

To be fair, my exact quote was 'low 2:20s' not 2:20. But my three HIM from last year were 2:21-2:19-2:21. This year's races haven't been as good, but not really for equipment related reasons. Even then I had a pretty terrible ride at IMSG and still snuck under 2:30 on just 176W - that is not a fast course! I don't have tons of racing data from before I got my Dimond, but I did a couple HIM in 2010-2011. One of those was 2:28 on a decked out Trek Speed Concept and was on the same exact course I rode the 2:19 last year. Different power meters, but power was very similar, actually slightly higher in 2011. I have paid a ton of attention to details . . . better tires, ice chain, giro shoes, I'm sure those all add up.

re: pad height . . .I did an ERO session last year and when we tested going lower I did not get faster. I would like to go to the wind tunnel and re-test that or get one of those new notio gadgets to fiddle with it, I agree it seems l could go lower. That being said, I have back trouble already -- never when I ride, but if I ride too hard my back freaks out on the run -- can't imagine going lower is going to help with that.

Here is a pic of me racing IMLP last year as requested. I did 5:16/5th AG there on 162W (including a 2-3min bathroom stop). I admit it doesn't look very awesome compared to a lot of people here, I can never get my head position to look great in particular.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like your power meter reads high or your CDA is higher (position+ setup is less aero) than you think.

Do you ever play around with your data I n best bike split, by chance? What does it say your CDA comes out as using the analyzer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly the point I assumed he was trying to make. Bike envy maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People also do not read. I wrote "His typical half IM speed is around 2:20 and he averages around 190 watts on a flat course."

I now fixed the chainring size
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond Marquise bike review on homepage [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deleted as i just realized madtowntri's comment wasn't directed at me.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Last edited by: ericlambi: Jul 26, 18 2:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric, when you did your Ero session, did you test that Specialized helmet against others? Looking at your pic, the tail of the helmet is well above your back, just wondering given that, does the helmet still test faster on you than helmets without a long tail?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

Thank- you I am an asshole. That does not bother me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next