Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen much data as far as aerodynamics on the OSWP but if it is good enough for Starky to have their BB, chain, OSWP and ceramic wheel bearing then the OSWP is good enough for me!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [user123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I installed one for a friend a few weeks ago, the quality seemed good to me.

He hasn't magically gained any power, we're still about the same speed. It looks cool though.
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

I'm not a CS or SLF fanboi either, but has anybody actually tested whether there are any drag penalties (or positives) from an over sized pulley system? I personally will never, ever buy one simply because the cost does not justify any "gains" but I'd still like to see data on this claim.

CeramicSpeed claims that the theirs was tested and the result was "net zero drag over a range of yaws" (or something like that, I'm paraphrasing). But say they can't release the data. And no one knows if that means there's increased drag at zero yaw or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My educated guess is that it makes no real difference with a rider on board. I heard of tests where they couldn't pick it up, but I've not done one personally. What I have seen is that going with a single ring is faster bike only and no difference with rider on. The feet and legs cause a lot of churn so anything near or behind them is in dirty air. I know I'm preaching to the choir a bit here.

To the other poster who compared a drink straw to a long cage, there is no comparison. The drink straw is basically on the leading edge which sees mostly clean air.


jkhayc wrote:
trail wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
Give me a break aerodynamics of a derailleur over drag reduction??? I have one and runs fine.


Drag reduction resulting in a Watt or 2 savings at 250W or whatever. . Doesn't take a lot of aerodynamic drag to overshadow that.


I'm not a CS or SLF fanboi either, but has anybody actually tested whether there are any drag penalties (or positives) from an over sized pulley system? I personally will never, ever buy one simply because the cost does not justify any "gains" but I'd still like to see data on this claim.



Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
AeroCamp February 25-26, 2020 A2 Wind Tunnel
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
I haven't seen much data as far as aerodynamics on the OSWP but if it is good enough for Starky to have their BB, chain, OSWP and ceramic wheel bearing then the OSWP is good enough for me!

Sponsorship paychecks are a great thing for marketing

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Sponsorship paychecks are a great thing for marketing
Quote:

If this thesis is used to base anything being sold, then there would nothing but #fakenews cmon, simply because you may not believe that the gains are there doesn't mean they arent there! Could you tell 2.5watts at any given moment? Prolly not but if you had a PM you could easily measure it!

I have it on both of my bikesand i wouldn't have it any other way! Sure no longer a possibility for me to measure the difference since i just now got a PM but i don't disbelief their claim simply becaue you have unsustansiated claim that they aren't saving you anything! You gotta at least prove something that shows theae are wrongly measured and not doing what ceramicspeed says it does... can you prove that?

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll revert back to what I have said before on here.

The burden of proof should be on Ceramic Speed, not me. I didn't create oversized pulley wheels and claim they didn't cause drag.

They won't release the data because they don't own it. That's understandable.

Why should I have to spend money to try and debunk them?

If you don't like that answer, I don't care.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 6, 17 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, did you have a really bad race or something? You are way to young to be this bitter. Leave that shit for the old guys like me.


BryanD wrote:
That's correct. If you have an issue, please call and get in line to complain.



Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
AeroCamp February 25-26, 2020 A2 Wind Tunnel
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a great race. I just don't care for people's sarcastic replies. Go find someone else to mess with.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, so what you are saying is that you are off your meds?


BryanD wrote:
I had a great race. I just don't care for people's sarcastic replies. Go find someone else to mess with.



Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
AeroCamp February 25-26, 2020 A2 Wind Tunnel
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:
Oh, so what you are saying is that you are off your meds?


BryanD wrote:
I had a great race. I just don't care for people's sarcastic replies. Go find someone else to mess with.

For public knowledge, I don't take any meds. Good try though. You have my number if you also want to complain.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I'll revert back to what I have said before on here.

The burden of proof should be on Ceramic Speed, not me. I didn't create oversized pulley wheels and claim they didn't cause drag.

They won't release the data because they don't own it. That's understandable.

Why should I have to spend money to try and debunk them?

If you don't like that answer, I don't care.

So the only problem i see is that they haven't released any data... is that why you're trying to strip the brand from everything they're worth???

Obviously if you dont like ceramicspeed then dont buy it, read threads of it and most importantly just leave! This will save you alot of watts i promise! Ha ha ha

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I'll revert back to what I have said before on here.

The burden of proof should be on Ceramic Speed, not me. I didn't create oversized pulley wheels and claim they didn't cause drag.

They won't release the data because they don't own it. That's understandable.

Why should I have to spend money to try and debunk them?

If you don't like that answer, I don't care.


So the only problem i see is that they haven't released any data... is that why you're trying to strip the brand from everything they're worth???

Obviously if you dont like ceramicspeed then dont buy it, read threads of it and most importantly just leave! This will save you alot of watts i promise! Ha ha ha


I don't have to go anywhere. I just asked for data. Pretty simple concept.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 6, 17 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
playero wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I'll revert back to what I have said before on here.

The burden of proof should be on Ceramic Speed, not me. I didn't create oversized pulley wheels and claim they didn't cause drag.

They won't release the data because they don't own it. That's understandable.

Why should I have to spend money to try and debunk them?

If you don't like that answer, I don't care.


So the only problem i see is that they haven't released any data... is that why you're trying to strip the brand from everything they're worth???

Obviously if you dont like ceramicspeed then dont buy it, read threads of it and most importantly just leave! This will save you alot of watts i promise! Ha ha ha


I don't have to go anywhere. I just asked for data. Pretty simple concept.

Then don't go anywhere, call ceramicspeed and ask them for it! I sure as hell dont have it and dont care!!! Have you even tried to contact their customer service? Emailed them?

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude...go read the other threads on these pulleys.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Dude...go read the other threads on these pulleys.

Wow you're taking whats on said thread as true & factual?! Something said by a hillbilly has more weight than what ceramicspeed has to say about their own products??? Yup, that makes sense to me!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

First you discredited their lack of data then discredited their equipment, discredit others of knowledge... 🤔🤔🤔 are you a trump follower??? If not, surely using his tactics to make your point!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
BryanD wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about.


First you discredited their lack of data then discredited their equipment, discredit others of knowledge... 🤔🤔🤔 are you a trump follower??? If not, surely using his tactics to make your point!


Sigh...you are exhausting. I said go search the forums and read the other threads discussing this.

If you did...you would know Ceramic Speed commented and said they cannot release data. Many others have discussed the pros and cons to all of this.

So....please....go read the forum

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 6, 17 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [user123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
user123 wrote:
I am really keen to try out a pulley system from Ceramic Speed, but cripes is it ever expensive! Does anybody have experience with Digirit Pulley System? Link is below. After searching the forum the only topic I could see is "Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price".

Digirit appears to be a Chinese company, so who knows about the quality!?

http://www.digirit.com/Products/PulleyWheelKit[/url]


Oversize Jockey Pulley at a reasonable price [/url]

I have seen these pop up in the past few months from many manufacturers including RockBros 17t-17t and KCNC 14T-16t. Personally I am still rocking the Berner Cage (13T-15T). I would like to run a cage that at least some aero was put into the design. Airfoils aren't rocket science at this point in the game and at least CS attempts to make a cage that looks like it uses airfoils.


Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, this has escalated quickly...
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Airfoils aren't rocket science

Um
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [user123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
user123 wrote:
Well, this has escalated quickly...

I love the sarcastic comments though. Definitely keep them coming

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever you do, don't buy the KCNC. I have one and it is a monumental bodge.

- you have to shim the cage at the lower pulley to make the two cage plates parallel
- stock grease in the bearings has an unnecessarily high viscosity. With CS TT grease the bearings actually start to work
- cylindrical interface with goes into the RD is too long (21.20 vs the shimano 19.45mm) so if you tighten the bolt, the mechanism will bind
- bores for the different spring settings have edges so sharp they will eat the bushing in the RD
- NW tooth design not optimal, the wide tooth will contact the chain plate not the roller. There is no step in the wide tooth to clear the plate
- inner plate is unnecessarily thick at the top pulley (clearance for disc wheels...)
- pulleys have quite a bit of lateral float, debatable if this is a good idea or not

So I would wait for the updated version...
Quote Reply
Re: Digirit Over Sized Pulley System [marcofoils] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcofoils wrote:
Whatever you do, don't buy the KCNC. I have one and it is a monumental bodge.

- you have to shim the cage at the lower pulley to make the two cage plates parallel
- stock grease in the bearings has an unnecessarily high viscosity. With CS TT grease the bearings actually start to work
- cylindrical interface with goes into the RD is too long (21.20 vs the shimano 19.45mm) so if you tighten the bolt, the mechanism will bind
- bores for the different spring settings have edges so sharp they will eat the bushing in the RD
- NW tooth design not optimal, the wide tooth will contact the chain plate not the roller. There is no step in the wide tooth to clear the plate
- inner plate is unnecessarily thick at the top pulley (clearance for disc wheels...)
- pulleys have quite a bit of lateral float, debatable if this is a good idea or not

So I would wait for the updated version...

You don't obviously want to flip it upside down if you can avoid it. It is an option though should you need it. Fwiw, I tested this is the wind tunnel, I don't have the data of the top of my head but will post sometime about it. It was slower, as expected. Please don't message about specifics though, I am traveling for a bit and won't have that data for a while as it is home.


Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next