Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by UNC_Tri_Guy
Last edited by: UNC_Tri_Guy: Oct 2, 10 3:35
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [UNC_Tri_Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch. Get better. That was clearly a bad crash.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [UNC_Tri_Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang Dave! That must have been one hell of a crash! It really sucks that no one is claiming to have seen the accident. If they had, the EMS or Police would have certainly got their info. I am contemplating buying a little Scorpion camera and mounting it under my seat. It is tiny but will take an 8gb card which equals 2 hours of video. For $110 bucks I will probably buy 2 so I have enough battery and memory for most of my rides. That way there will be no question about who approached from the rear. I am sick of the inconsiderate motorists and now we have to worry about other cyclists? Sucks. Just plain sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you can track down these clowns. Not surprised that this happened to you and they didn't stop after the contact.

In the past, I also had to go into the ditch after being clipped by some idiot in a pack who gave me and other riders they were passing zero room.
Luckily I didn't go down.

Rude and inconsiderate scumbags.

Quote | Reply
I thought I had a bad crash last Saturday; yours is worse! I'm not local so I didn't see it, but get well.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Post deleted by UNC_Tri_Guy [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: UNC_Tri_Guy: Sep 1, 10 20:23
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
According to them a motorist found me unconscious in the road and blocked traffic to avoid me getting run over.

That just makes me fucking sick. Sorry for the F-bomb but if there ever was an appropriate use for it... this is it.

Unreal.

Get well and glad you're still breathing oxygen.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave,

We were almost at Cielo with a teammate who had a flat and saw the ambulance/fire coming to get you.

The riders that rolled by you were on the back end of the Swamis A ride from West Coast triathlon (one guy had an Carbon Elite Razor).

They were rolling pretty hard into RSF so I dont think they knew you went down (the headwind east was pretty rough today).

Ill inquire on the swamis board.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.facebook.com/...Club/135978169762149

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [stageracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pretty bad accident mid May, and don't remember squat. I've love a video, not to see the other cyclist/driver/trucker/steam-roller-driver...as it was a solo accident, but to see just how in the world I broke what I did.

I went back to the scene last weekened, and nope, not a thing came back that I didn't already remember. around 2-3 seconds before (guessing from last thing I saw to where I ended up), and waking up.

No chance of nightmares, just easing the sense of curiousity.
Quote Reply
Last edited by: UNC_Tri_Guy: Aug 31, 10 21:37
Quote | Reply
Welcome to San Diego!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twice in recent days, I've been buzzed by people on TT bikes (one triathlete and another looked like a roadie) while doing an easy ride on my road bike. In both instances, there was plenty of space, I was well to the right, and there was no other traffic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The guy who clipped me went down briefly but got back on the bike and left me unconscious in the road."

That is unfathomable. There are already enough airhead drivers on the road its hard to believe fellow riders and triatheletes would exhibit this kind of behavior. You should stop by the next West Coast tri team meeting. Good luck and hope everything works out.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [tntri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well in this day and age it won't take long for the dude who left UNC on the road to be outed with web forums and the small world created by the internet. Wow.

Glad you are alive, sad there are people who would leave you in the gutter, but it won't be long b/f he is standing on an island. It's not as if he can say he didn't know you went down, he went down with you.

What the heck is a Tarheel doing in Cali?
Last edited by: climbcarolina: Aug 29, 10 5:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The guy who clipped me went down briefly but got back on the bike and left me unconscious in the road.

That is disgusting. How can one triathlete leave another for dead in the middle of the road, having caused the accident that put him there.

http://www.athlinks.com/...Tri-Club-(WCTC).aspx

Bombard their club chairman. At the very least he should pay for all your equipment, you are lucky to be alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [climbcarolina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you heal up soon, just try to eat healthy, good food makes the day go by faster.

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you find that worthless fuck and ruin his life.
yea, it was "only a bike wreck" but suppose it happened on the back roads and they didnt find his rotting carcass for a few days ?

do good samatarian laws apply to this ?
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [Bily Lovec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This really makes me sick. I hope you make a quick recovery.

Im not sure legally-but the other rider left the scene of an accident. (California Vehicle Code 20001 (a)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Updates from paramedics/witnesses and CT scans

The guy who clipped me went down briefly but got back on the bike and left me unconscious in the road. A CalTrain employee saw me in the road and parked his truck to block traffic.

CT scan indicates occipital skull fracture and lumbar regio vertebral compression fracture.

What-ever the CT scan indicated - sounds bad - heal quick and listen to the doctors.

Good work from the CalTain employee. Its sickening to think the guy would leave, but how about the rest of his team? One of their own crashes and they keep going - which is bad...Or did they wait for him and not ask - WTF happened?? - or did they ask and not give a sh_t. Seems like the whole club is pretty low class as none of those responses are acceptable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last edited by: sdmike: Aug 29, 10 12:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sent a link to this thread to someone who knows people in that club.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy who clipped me went down briefly but got back on the bike and left me unconscious in the road.

Holy crap! This is for real? What kind of thought process rationalizes this kind of behavior? Whomever this was needs to be criminally prosecuted! I can't even believe I read this!

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone see me wreck this morning...Del Dios / Lake Hodges? [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Holy crap! This is for real? What kind of thought process rationalizes this kind of behavior? Whomever this was needs to be criminally prosecuted! I can't even believe I read this!

It turns my stomach. Even if he didn't go down, stop.

To the OP, heal fast. And the Road Id... If you weren't awake, they would have, but once you woke up and could talk their really was no need to look at the ID.

CS

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Quote Reply

Prev Next