Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon?
Quote | Reply
If there is already a thread on this I apologize. I didn't see it after a quick search. Figured some might find this story interesting.

http://www.letsrun.com/...es-we-thinks-she-is/

https://people.com/...ating-half-marathon/
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [somers515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [somers515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite the negative split. Maybe they can help me with my pacing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And he got tossed put of the CFL

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/...tions-506573192.html

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well they say "birds of a feather flock together". Johnny seems to be a better con man that football player. Why would you expect anything less from Mrs Football?

The saddest part of this saga is that these clown have eaten up so many opportunities that actual dedicated professionals were denied.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do all insta cheaters say ā€˜its for the somethingā€™

Horner for the kidz

This girl for the charity
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:

Horner for the kidz

Rationalization. Perhaps self delusion. Itā€™s hard to look in the mirror and realize youā€™re a vacuous, dishonest attention whound making a career off the backs of gullible and/or desperate people. Much better if itā€™s allegedly for the kids, the sick, etc.

In short, it appears to be a critical part of the game plan for the Instasshole crowd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I don't think they intended to cheat, the two of them were just dumb as fuck, and took a wrong turn

When they saw their results they - having no idea what kind of pace they were running NOR what BEYOND World Class pace would be - said "Oh! We didn't do so bad, did we?"

As was posted in Comments on the Deadspin report "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Having been busted, they went on the defensive, and tripped all over themselves in ridiculous manner

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I donā€™t think they intended to cheat because that would require intelligent thought, which these two self-proclaimed divas are clearly incapable of performing.

On the other hand, they did cut the course and when it was brought to their attention, they doubled down defensively with some ugly attacks.

These two get what they deserve and that would be having their reputation soiled publicity. If you know an error was made then just acknowledge it and move on. They made themselves look bad in the process and I canā€™t say I feel sorry for them.

RandMart wrote:

I don't think they intended to cheat, the two of them were just dumb as fuck, and took a wrong turn

When they saw their results they - having no idea what kind of pace they were running NOR what BEYOND World Class pace would be - said "Oh! We didn't do so bad, did we?"

As was posted in Comments on the Deadspin report "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Having been busted, they went on the defensive, and tripped all over themselves in ridiculous manner
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find Insta vacuous people particularly offensive. Itā€™s given extra attractive people (which they surely are) a forum where they think they are immune to criticism.

Perhaps Iā€™m jealous
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its funny, I was watching the last of the 6;30 news last night, and the promo for the following show(Extra I think it was) was this cheating story, with lots of video!! SO I had to hang on until they got to it, basically saying the same thing as marathon investigation did, only they made it look like 4 minute miles for the last 6.7 was somehow possible for a man, but for a woman, was out of the question. I dont think they really realized how ridiculous that whole negative split scenario was. May as well say that Elon has just flown to the space station, with his arms flapping...
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:

Horner for the kidz

So they can turn themselves into the victim. They're out there doing everything for the children. If you question them, you question people doing charity work to help children and that makes you a bad person.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I donā€™t think they intended to cheat because that would require intelligent thought, which these two self-proclaimed divas are clearly incapable of performing.

On the other hand, they did cut the course and when it was brought to their attention, they doubled down defensively with some ugly attacks.

These two get what they deserve and that would be having their reputation soiled publicity. If you know an error was made then just acknowledge it and move on. They made themselves look bad in the process and I canā€™t say I feel sorry for them.

RandMart wrote:

They are certainly dumb as all fuck, it I agree with MI in that I think they absolutely intended to cheat. They just did so in a comically idiotic and easy to discern manner because they are, as noted, dumb as all fuck. Clearly, they didnā€™t think anyone would notice, or care, and they werenā€™t smart enough to cheat without laying down blazing neon red flag impossible splits on the back end. So, IMO at least they are cheaters and I doubt they ever intended to run the entire race. Theyā€™re just not smart enough to be good at it.

ā€œInfluencersā€ are a blight on society.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how she shouts ā€œitā€™s for charity Iā€™m just here to raise awareness ā€œ which is an awful humble braggy douche statement

Her very presence is vital for awareness because sheā€™s like, pretty so itā€™s ok to cheat and cannot be questioned
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:
I love how she shouts ā€œitā€™s for charity Iā€™m just here to raise awareness ā€œ which is an awful humble braggy douche statement

Her very presence is vital for awareness because sheā€™s like, pretty so itā€™s ok to cheat and cannot be questioned

And there is no evidence that she raised any money for charity at all. The entry fees did not go to charity... apparently her companion raised $65 for charity....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram ā€¢ Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pictures of her are comical. Does she look ate her self and think oh yeah... I look good... Again just like AH, GET HELP YOU FUCKING TRAIN WRECK.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:

And there is no evidence that she raised any money for charity at all. The entry fees did not go to charity... apparently her companion raised $65 for charity....

There needs be some sort of "Accountability Metric" for "I raised THIS MUCH"

When Ashley Horner did her 50/50/50 ... I'm sure there was a spike in donations to @masionfortune ... but did SHE actually raise money??? NO, she raised AWARENESS to a specific charity, then her #ashletes fell in

Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:

There needs be some sort of "Accountability Metric" for "I raised THIS MUCH"

When Ashley Horner did her 50/50/50 ... I'm sure there was a spike in donations to @masionfortune ... but did SHE actually raise money??? NO, she raised AWARENESS to a specific charity, then her #ashletes fell in

Awareness is the new nothing.

You don't actually have to DO ANYTHING to "raise awareness" - and can still claim you did it, regardless of whatever you did or did not do.

Kinda silly that they didn't just fess up and say something like, it was an honest mistake, she got confused and didn't realize there was another loop, she not an experienced runner, whatever.

The whole doubling down thing is where you find out who the serial cheaters & liars are.
You know - like Mr & Mrs not playing Football anymore.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...six-minute-mile.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2019/03/race-announcer-rudy-novotny-offers-10k-to-charity-if-bre-tiesi-manziel-can-run-one-six-minute-mile.html

This is her out. She takes him up on that offer and actually gives it a decent shot. She'll fail miserably of course (implicitly admitting her cheating) but if she gets out there and does her best, I think it would be awkward for Rudy not to still give the $10k to charity.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [eisforurgent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's only one mile, on the track, with video evidence/confirmation, so there will be no Mike Rossi-like shenanigans

http://www.letsrun.com/...00-thanksgiving-day/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were the 6.4 mile and 11mile timing mats the SAME mat? If so, wouldn't it be possible from a timing/split perspective that when they crossed 6.4 mile the first time through it didn't read their chip, and then they actually hit the 11mile mark at the ~1:30, but because they hadn't registered a 6.4 mile split it got recorded as the 6.4 mile split?

From a pacing standpoint that would mean they ran ~8 min/mile pace and then walked it in. I am guessing that is a decently common pacing pattern, haha.

I don't know the timing technology and how likely or unlikely it is that two runners crossing a mat together would BOTH not be recorded, but it seems like missed mats are decently common occurrence. I also understand that the 2 hour pacers said they did not see these runners, but that claim is far from definitive proof of cheating.

Please don't mistake my post as a defense for this behavior. It just seems like there was only one mat on the course and they definitely missed a mat, how is it definitive that the mat did not malfunction not their first lap?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Johnny Manziel's Wife Cheat in a Half-Marathon? [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They took video and photos of themselves stopping and posing and dancing around and walking and goofing off. They were not running 9 minute miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=Apcmyr92z7U

Quote Reply

Prev Next