Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [cristianoag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the Pioneer power meter, which is also on the crank arm for the non-drive side. I had to upgrade the rear brake to make it all clear. I have heard the same is necessary for Stages, not sure about 4iii.

For reference, I found a narrow TRP rear brake for under $100 that did the job, but the tri-rig is another option.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply. What was the TRP rear brake set you used?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi cristianoag,

With a Shimano Ultegra direct mount rear brake below the bb, there is not enough clearance for a stages power meter or the Pioneer.

You would need to look into the other direct mount rear brakes to gain the clearance needed
Last edited by: Jweigand: Nov 1, 17 10:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the TRP T850 direct mount rear brake, it was $85 on ebay.
I later upgraded the front brake to Tri-Rig Omega X during one of their sales.

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [shamis27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To amplify what James wrote, the "party line" has to be that you can't put a Pioneer or Stages type meter on a Serios with the standard brake, because that's true most of the time.
It turns out that some crank arm lengths actually do fit because the arms have a slightly different shape. Millimeter differences add up quickly.
So, if you happen to hear from someone that they were able to get a Stages meter on a stock Serios, they probably weren't lying to you. It's just complicated.
As mentioned in a previous thread, I'm working to put together a database of known good combinations for the Diamondback bikes, but it's... a lot of work.
A lot.

MH

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone replaced the cables and housing on their serios? I've been debating between having the bike shop do it or try it myself but wanted to hear some first hand experiences first. It looks pretty straight forward, but I am worried it could be difficult to push the housing past the bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Tri_BTV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is still rocking their Serios? With it out of production, who is afraid of not being able to replace a cracked fork, damaged seat post or a stem with stripped out clamp bolts?

I'm on one of the Team Rally bikes that I picked up used and the seat post slipped a few days ago chipping off the clear coat and damaging the paint but is still functional just looks bad. This got me thinking about the availability of parts so I hopped on ebay to find a bunch of stems, framesets and seat posts for sale if anyone is looking. I have no affiliation with anyone selling the items, just offering a PSA to fellow owners.

I also noticed that Matt Russell's Serios that he used to claim 6th at Kona last year and was featured here on ST just sold for $2750!!! Complete with Dura Ace DI2, TriRig brakes, Stages, Ceramic Speed and Knight wheels. Personally not sure I could have made it work for me with the chopped steerer tube or that 56 tooth crank but it looks like someone got a killer deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [driftin'by] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still riding my serios. but i actually never even thought about replacement parts. crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [driftin'by] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently bought a Serios team frame and built it up with Sram red etap. The frame did not come with headset spacers, I emailed Diamondback support and they looked around and sent me four right out. They were extremely helpful you may want to start there.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [nsonso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I understand, a lot of the special stuff was carried over to the Andean. The stem was the same (though you could technically use any stem it would just not look as sweet) but they made a new one, again it would work on the serios. I was told the seatpost was the same (can't confirm that) It looks similar.
As for the fork, well if I break a fork I am probably on to a new bike at that point. Or a warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have a Serios with a 115mm stem but would like to find a shorter stem (I think that 75mm is the shortest, but I might be wrong).
Does anyone know where I could get one?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [T.Donostia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T.Donostia wrote:
Hi,
I have a Serios with a 115mm stem but would like to find a shorter stem (I think that 75mm is the shortest, but I might be wrong).
Does anyone know where I could get one?
Thanks.

Check ebay first. There are some spare parts there, from time to time. I got an extra seatpost and clamp that way.
Truthfully, while the original stem was cool looking, it's kind of a PITA, and my first one even cracked. I ended up getting a factory replacement when they released an updated design.

Also, search for Andean stems too. It's my assumption that they're the same design.

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice; I will check these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Andean has a 1" steer tube, and a stem to match. As a result Andean stems will not work on a Serios.
There were a small number of the gen 2 Andean stems made with a 1 1/8" clamp, and Diamondback might still have one or two lying around, but I don't know for sure.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like there's quite a bit of flex in my stem, is that normal? Where did yours develop a crack? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to upgrade to all carbon from my cervelo dual. I know this is out of production, but love the frame design overall and everything I've read about it. Still a worthwhile pickup for about $800? Frame is new. Was also looking at the fuji norcom straight 1.1 for a few hundred more.
Quote Reply

Prev Next