Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [cristianoag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the Pioneer power meter, which is also on the crank arm for the non-drive side. I had to upgrade the rear brake to make it all clear. I have heard the same is necessary for Stages, not sure about 4iii.

For reference, I found a narrow TRP rear brake for under $100 that did the job, but the tri-rig is another option.

--------------------------------------------
Team Wattie Ink
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply. What was the TRP rear brake set you used?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi cristianoag,

With a Shimano Ultegra direct mount rear brake below the bb, there is not enough clearance for a stages power meter or the Pioneer.

You would need to look into the other direct mount rear brakes to gain the clearance needed
Last edited by: Jweigand: Nov 1, 17 10:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the TRP T850 direct mount rear brake, it was $85 on ebay.
I later upgraded the front brake to Tri-Rig Omega X during one of their sales.

--------------------------------------------
Team Wattie Ink
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [shamis27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To amplify what James wrote, the "party line" has to be that you can't put a Pioneer or Stages type meter on a Serios with the standard brake, because that's true most of the time.
It turns out that some crank arm lengths actually do fit because the arms have a slightly different shape. Millimeter differences add up quickly.
So, if you happen to hear from someone that they were able to get a Stages meter on a stock Serios, they probably weren't lying to you. It's just complicated.
As mentioned in a previous thread, I'm working to put together a database of known good combinations for the Diamondback bikes, but it's... a lot of work.
A lot.

MH

Custom Studio Manager for Diamondback Bikes.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone replaced the cables and housing on their serios? I've been debating between having the bike shop do it or try it myself but wanted to hear some first hand experiences first. It looks pretty straight forward, but I am worried it could be difficult to push the housing past the bottom bracket.
Quote Reply

Prev Next