Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vision Trimax Carbon base bar. Pretty inexpensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [dualsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does it match up with the cable routing for the stem? Could you take some better pictures of that please? How much was the Serios stem and where did you get it from? Thanks :)
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diamondback has stems in stock (or did recently). they made a couple updates to the original version. The Di2 junction box (3 or 5 port) now fits in the nose cap, which is held on with magnets

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an extra Diamondback Serios AF stem for sale. Like new condition for $120 plus shipping. Its one of the best upgrades that can be done to the Serios S model bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the stem? I have an S model coming and I'd like to upgrade
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [JoshuaLisk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you end up getting the aero stem, I have some extra spacers. I ended up removing all the spacers.

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [JoshuaLisk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. PM me your email and I will send you some pics. It comes with two risers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you post some pics of the serios stem and where the junction box would go?
I'd like to use Zipp Alumina bars, do you think it would work with that stem?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Gen1 stem would fit the junction box inside the body of the stem. It was built with the 3-port in mind, so the 5-port might be a little tight.
Also, if you're considering something other than the HED Corsair aerobars, which the stem was built to match, be careful. The stem won't work with just any basebar/riser combination.

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What aerobar are you using and how did you manage to mount them around the stem?
Can you post a picture of it?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I switched to the PD Aeria T4 alloy. If I find a deal on the carbon basebar, i'll upgrade later. It allowed me to add the di2 shifters at the brakes (which the HED Corsair didn't have), along with adjustable risers (rather than adjusting stack at the stem). This switch did require a small amount of sanding on the stem. Message me if you want more details..

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Multisportsdad I am a little confused I just got a new Diamondback Serios AF frame and an original stem that I plan to build, but need help picking the aerobar, HED Corsairs
are out the question since they cost almost as much as what I paid for the frame, I am considering the PD T4 alloy since you are using it and is not that expensive, but concerned about what you metioned about "sanding" the stem, I am not very skilled and I am not really thrilled about hurting the "finish" of the stem. I saw the 3T Clip-on with a Zipp Vulka alumina base bar those should work, but I dont think I can use spacers on the clip on to get the right stack height, Was the sanding of the stem very little? I appreciate any recommendation on this
Last edited by: bdeande: Jan 11, 17 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [bdeande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bdeande wrote:
Multisportsdad I am a little confused I just got a new Diamondback Serios AF frame and an original stem that I plan to build, but need help picking the aerobar, HED Corsairs
are out the question since they cost almost as much as what I paid for the frame, I am considering the PD T4 alloy since you are using it and is not that expensive, but concerned about what you metioned about "sanding" the stem, I am not very skilled and I am not really thrilled about hurting the "finish" of the stem. I saw the 3T Clip-on with a Zipp Vulka alumina base bar those should work, but I dont think I can use spacers on the clip on to get the right stack height, Was the sanding of the stem very little? I appreciate any recommendation on this

As you know by now, the clamp area of that DB stem is pretty wide, and it's even wider behind the clamp area. Because of this, the risers (when mounted to the base bar) block the base bar from sitting flush in the stem. It's a small amount, but I basically had to make a groove in the stem housing to allow the risers to fit, and therefore the base bar to sit flush in the stem.

Basically, I would sand a little, test the fit, sand a little more, test again, until it worked.

I'll see if I have any pics that help.

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea between which size I should get. currently riding a medium speed concept with an aggressive position.

I'm 5'11" with a 33 inch inseam. Should I go 54 or 56?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Bigc2137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bigc2137 wrote:
Any idea between which size I should get. currently riding a medium speed concept with an aggressive position.

I'm 5'11" with a 33 inch inseam. Should I go 54 or 56?

I went with 54, based off my stack/reach numbers from ERO.
but for a reference point, I'm 5'9" and shorter inseam, guessing closer to 31.

looking at their online sizing charts, you might be in 56 range

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Bigc2137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you try their custom studio, you can enter your pad x/y and it will tell you a size and spacers, etc. it also lets you do a custom build for the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice clean look! Me like.

dualsport wrote:
Recently upgraded my Serios S with the proprietary stem from the expensive model Serios. Love the new sleek and aggressive look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dualsport wrote:
Really cleaned up the cables.

I have two of these DB Serios proprietary stems for sale. $175 each Brand new never used.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [hideano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to fish wires, just get: http://www.parktool.com/...e-routing-kit-ir-1-2

Happy to answer any questions. I run mine with VukaStealth. Had to make some mods to do it, but it's very functional if not quite as clean as with the DB stem.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a 2017 Serios F through my wife's work at a great discount! It comes spec'd with Ultegra Di2, HED Jet 6+, and a HED Corsair cockpit. Hope to race it straight out of the box!
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any suggestion on where to hide the Di-2 Junction box? With the warranty/recall issue with the original stem that came with the Serios AF.
Thanks
Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless there's a version "3.0" that I'm not aware of, I have the second version on my Serios. The junction box fits vertically in the stem's nose cone. There's actually a clip to hold it in place and a hole in the cone to see the indicator led on the junction box. the downside of this setup is that the e-cables come out the bottom of the nose cone before running back towards the steerer tube.

TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Apparently there’s been some recall or warranty issue with the stem cap or/nosecone. Not sure diamondback is giving me the honest answer because they gave me a serios S stem cap no nosecone. AND I HAD THE SERIOS AF with the nosecone. Now I’m stuck wondering where to put the di2 junction box with ease access for charging. Am I’m asking to much? Should I be looking into 3D printing?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drop me a line at andeantri@gmail.com and I'll see if I can't get this sorted out for you. Sounds like there may have been some miscommunication at some point.

M

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Serios **OFFICIAL THREAD** [Jweigand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for the DB Serios owners. A friend of mine is purchasing one and we are wondering if there is enough space between the crank and the chain stay to hold a crank arm based power meter like Stages or 4iiii. Does anybody have one of those installed in a Serios bike?

Here is a picture showing that we need at least 10mm between the crank and the chain stay.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/...IPPED.png?1447181722
Last edited by: cristianoag: Nov 1, 17 10:43
Quote Reply

Prev Next