Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 aerobar shifters rattling
Quote | Reply
I replaced the aerobars on my new Speedmax with TriRig extensions and now the Di2 shifters (one button) keep rattling/making tickling noises when I ride.
What am I doing wrong? It cannot be the button itself (they are new shifters and did not rattle when arrived last week).
The expander / spring inside expands within the aerobar so should also be tight (?) although the problem seems to come from that part. I do find the system to tighten the shifters in the aerobar not clear because I do seem to not tighten the 23mm ring which according to the manual should be tightened but I rotate the actual button/head of the shifters to expand and tighten in the bars (?).

Anybody had the same issue and a solution?
Thnx
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 aerobar shifters rattling [Dimitri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it is not the cable making the noise inside?
I do find the shifters a bit of a PITA to get right, the expansion system is a bit fiddly at times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I recall correctly, if you opened up the expander plug too much, it can catch before it actually expands properly.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 aerobar shifters rattling [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thnx, that sounds like what is happening. I need to figure out how to properly handle and expand the plug (i think I am turning the wrong parts).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take the whole shifter out and see what is happening. As Shimano says, you should keep the part with the button on it still and rotate the 23mm “nut”.
Quote Reply