Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Sprint Shifter to 5 port hack possible?
Quote | Reply
Bought a P5 with Dura ace 11spd di2 and Magura hydraulic brakes with 2 button shift switches for the FD and RD on the bullhorns. They are bulky and not aero so I want to swap them out for sprint shifters.

The bullhorn shifters and the extension shifters are plugged in to a 5 port junction.

Can I ditch the bullhorn shift switches and plug the sprint shifters in to the 5 port using them to only shift the RD. FD will only be shiftable using the extension shifter.

I understand that the sprint shifters use a different style plug that won’t plug in to the 5 port so I would need to wire the proper plug on to the end of them to plug in to the 5 port.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Sprint Shifter to 5 port hack possible? [TheWhiteCarrot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going with no on this. Sprint shifters have no smarts in them (that I'm aware) that'll allow them to be wired into the Di2 bus and configured. Your best bet would be to get the climbing/satellite shifter and hack that into what you need.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Sprint Shifter to 5 port hack possible? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
I'm going with no on this. Sprint shifters have no smarts in them (that I'm aware) that'll allow them to be wired into the Di2 bus and configured. Your best bet would be to get the climbing/satellite shifter and hack that into what you need.

Thanks. Great YouTube channel!
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Sprint Shifter to 5 port hack possible? [TheWhiteCarrot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheWhiteCarrot wrote:
Thanks. Great YouTube channel!

Cheers! btw - A great resource for all things Di2 is over at https://bettershifting.com/

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply