Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 RS910
Quote | Reply
So the build is going well and my Aeria Ultimate 2 bars have arrived.
I am looking to put a jct b in the stem and run the RS910 at the end of one of the aerobars.

It looks as though I will need to drill a small hole in the aerobar for the cable to run back to the base bar.

Ive seen the aeroport the profile design advertised ( out of stock everywhere) but that didnt look like it would get around needing to drill.

Before I take a brave pill and drill my extension, does anyone have a different solution??
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 RS910 [phil485] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't take that pill

The cable comes out the back of the aeroport and runs through the clamp.
On the Aeria Ultimate you then run it into the risers down to the basebar
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 RS910 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brilliant. just need to find an aeroport kit then.

battery is in the seatpost so just the one side needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not available single sided - didn't want to add too many SKUs
So the battery cover will just mean that the ends of your extensions look similar.

(FYI - I led the design of the aeroport because I can't stand messy Di2)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brilliant job.

when you say the di2 goes down the back of the riser, do you go down through the rear bolt hole into the base bar?
Must work out how to post pictures
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drilled mine. I'm not dead yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phil485 wrote:
Brilliant job.

when you say the di2 goes down the back of the riser, do you go down through the rear bolt hole into the base bar?
Must work out how to post pictures

Pretty much what you say, it’s quite a hassle to get all of the wires, brake Lines and stuff fitted. You’ll need 3 or 4 hands. Also, it’s annoying if you experiment with different riser height to try a clear the cables
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
It's not available single sided - didn't want to add too many SKUs
So the battery cover will just mean that the ends of your extensions look similar.

(FYI - I led the design of the aeroport because I can't stand messy Di2)

Thanks for this. I've got one too for my Argon18 E-119 and it sure helps clean it up. I appreciate your interest in keeping it tidy.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phil485 wrote:
I am looking to put a jct b in the stem and run the RS910 at the end of one of the aerobars.

It looks as though I will need to drill a small hole in the aerobar for the cable to run back to the base bar.

Ive seen the aeroport the profile design advertised ( out of stock everywhere) but that didnt look like it would get around needing to drill.

Before I take a brave pill and drill my extension, does anyone have a different solution??

How tight is it if you just press the RS910 unit alone into the aerobar? I found that mine had a little room to spare, and routing the cable out beside the RS910 made everything fit snugly. This was with PD aluminum aerobars; carbon may have less room.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 RS910 [mike_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I had it like that on my old ali bars. The carbon ones are that bit tighter.

Found a UK shop that allegedly had 3 in stock. One should be on its way to me now. Arrives next weds.

Loving the bars though, feel a lot more locked in and stable. just need the season to start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aeroport has arrived and fitted in minutes.

Nice and neat. Justneed to get my fit dialled in and then maybe the extensions might get cut down a bit
Last edited by: phil485: Mar 29, 21 2:35
Quote Reply