Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Question
Quote | Reply
I'm relatively inexperienced with Di2 so forgive me if this is a dumb question but I have the Dura Ace TT Di2 setup (bike shop said it is the original model, I don't know, I'm going off what they say. ). The right brake lever shifters no longer function and I want to replace it but I'm not sure what is compatible. I know the new Dura Ace is the one button kind which I do not want. The Ultegra version was suggested to me. My question is, is this true? and if I can use the New Ultegra version does anything need to be programmed? If not it seems like and easy swap out and I'd like to save money and not have the shop do it, and thus avoid my wife giving me side eye for a month after she sees the bill. Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Question [RussL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So long as both your old setup and the new component are eTube compatible (which includes all Di2 for the last six or seven years), it should be a plug and play situation. You may have to use the app to make sure the new switch is recognized and configured like you want it, but eTube switches are interchangeable between Dura Ace and Ultegra Di2.
Last edited by: FlashBazbo: Feb 7, 19 9:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have 10-speed Dura Ace or 11-speed Dura Ace?

If you have 10-speed, then you have the original Di2 which is not compatible with anything else. You will have to find a used or new-old-stock replacement part. Shimano no longer manufactures that stuff.

If you have 11-speed Dura Ace, then you can use anything else (except the old 10-speed parts). You can use either of the Ultegra or DA brake levers with the dual buttons. It will not need any programming-- it will default to what you likely have now.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Question [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks guys. I forgot to mention originally that I have 11 speed. Time to go shopping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick follow... The new Ultegra and new DA both have single-button brake lever shifters. There are four versions of compatible 11-speed Di2, 6000-series (Ultegra), 8000-series (new Ultegra), 9000-series (Dura Ace), and 9100-series (new Dura Ace). The 6000-series and 9000-series are the versions with dual-button, 11-speed TT brake levers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The E-Tube compatibility chart is really handy, although a bit of a mess to read.

Link to the latest/updated version here: http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/guide/

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply