Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Aero Extension Choice - R671's or R9160's ???
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

Torn between older looking R671's or the newer R9160's.

Both will be one button.

Are there any pro's and con's to either that I've not yet thought about?

I'm guessing it just comes down to asthetics and whether you want a finger push or or thumb push.

I love the Etap cliks, but now moving to Di2.

Cheers,

Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Aero Extension Choice - R671's or R9160's ??? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the R9160 buttons, and I love them. I never had the other style to compare, but I like the fact that the shift button is mindlessly at the end of the extension and I can shift with my brain switched off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried both and much prefer the R671 because I have no interest in syncro shift. I want to be able to control my FD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI my 2-button shifters came with attached wires. I think the 1-button ones need you to supply wires. Just something to keep in mind as you get your parts list together.

I wanted 2-button b/c I like controlling the FD. I use that all the time for starts and stops and when climbing hills (I live on a hill and like hilly race courses).

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Aero Extension Choice - R671's or R9160's ??? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the newer ones come without the electric wires (which I think is a good thing, as you can now determine the length of the wiring), so indeed keep that in mind when comparing the cost ;)

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Aero Extension Choice - R671's or R9160's ??? [TerryDi2C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, should have said before......

I'm going 1X so no front mech.

Simple left button for easier, right button for harder.

It was more of a which shifter is better.

Swinging towards the 9160.

Cheers,

Pat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 9071 (older one button shifter with the buttons on top) is going to have maybe 10-20 mm more reach than the 9160 (button on the end). If you have adjustability in your extensions it shouldn’t matter, but worth noting. The 9160 require a smaller “push” to press though both are easy.

What is your normal hand position? I would set up my shifters so I don’t have to move my hands at all. With 9071 you could have them on top or flip them upside down where they would sit like a trigger on a gun. It just all depends on what works best with your extensions and hand position

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want the extra reach of the R671 I'm fairly sure you can just program both buttons to do the same function on the left/ right shifter.
Quote Reply