Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Desiree Ficker...
Quote | Reply
on the cover of the new Runner's World Magazine...she is running the Olympic Trials in April in Boston in hopes to make the Olympics...
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [TriFRED] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's yummy....

http://wardmoya.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: vo2maxed: Aug 22, 07 11:44
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [vo2maxed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I like my X to be a bit taller and a shade darker in color, but to each thier own....

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are they having some other trials than the Marathon in Boston?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When did you get the new issue?

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Women's Olympic Trials are not the Boston Marathon. They are the day prior to the Boston Marathon on a loop course with only a small portion of the Marathon course being used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yum, well that made my day.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [vo2maxed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish we could just see her as a well trained athlete :) How demeaning.
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Desire e is not just a pretty face, she is an outstanding athlete. She is not only a girl I would want to date, but I might get as much pleasure as going for a run with her......

Then a nice wine picnic on the beach, then....

Quote | Reply
Did the article really say she hopes to make the oly marathon team. Thats a huge stretch.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link?
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wish we could just see her as a well trained athlete :) How demeaning.

Like this....

Still yummy...

Not demeaning, flattering.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You obviously didn't get the sarcasm in his post...
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the issue early...pretty interesting...she will be doing 90-mile weeks to prepare...as for chances:
In her own words:
"It's going to take about 2:29 to make the team. That's a big jump from my 2:40 in Austin last February, but anything is possible. Deena Kastor won't be worried about me, but I know I can get faster."
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You obviously didn't get the sarcasm in his post...

Now that I re-read it, I do... missed the smiley face...

Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [runnindave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
She is not only a girl I would want to date, but I might get as much pleasure as going for a run with her......
Then a nice wine picnic on the beach, then....

But it would have to end there, because you'd be getting the in-law from hell if it went any further. Her father is the most famous (and hated) heckler in NBA history, the famous Robin Ficker.

"Robin Ficker's heckling of opposing players forced the NBA to change its rules on fan behavior. Because of him, the NBA created a rule printed on the back of every season ticket application, prohibiting fans from engaging in verbal abuse that interferes with communication between coaches and players. He was known — and disliked — by players and many of his fellow fans for trying to psyche out and distract the opposing team by reading aloud passages from books about their lives, holding up rubber chickens or shouting at players through a megaphone as they huddled with their coaches."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If one does not try things in life, one never knows. It is who completes the race that wins, not the past times.
I wish her luck!!

Dave

My boss says I can look, but no touching. Smile

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [sprinter_mel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilarious. You never know who you end up with until you meet the in laws.

Quote | Reply
I had the fortune to meet and talk with Desiree at Timberman. She is super nice and sweet, and even better looking in person than she is on TV or in pictures, trust me! :)

What amazed me even more is how petite she really is. Same with Kate Major (who I also met). Desiree is probably a size 2 dress. On TV, the ladies look "robust" and over bearing. In person, they are sweet and petite. I was amazed!

Her father was also at Timberman "standing guard" over his beloved daughter. Believe me, you could get with to feet of her without having to go through him. So dudes, good luck in courting this lovely lass. :(

She may be small, but she is faster, and more beautiful in person. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [triguyjimbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and she touched my moobs...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1374094;search_string=desiree%20;#1374094
[url]

runfatmanrun.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [meatymeat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"if i had any shame, do you really think i would have posted it here and let you fuckers rip me to shreds?"

I just blew soda out my nose and all over the wall of my office. That was funny!!

Mike

----------------------------------
Owner/General Manager North Central Cyclery, Dekalb IL
http://www.NorthCentralCyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [TRIDOC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
glad to entertain

runfatmanrun.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [runnindave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate to say it - but my opinion of DF is as a "dumb blond". NO - I do not know anything about her other than she is very attractive, and he's a phenomenal athlete. SHe's got the "shwiiiiing!" factor for sure! And she may have her Phd, MD, doctor of biomechanics, etc - but when she speaks on TV or in an interview, she reminds me of my dumb blond girlfriend I had in High School. I listened to the interviews she did during the NBC airing of Kona, and also an interview she did last year after another race - it was like they had to prompt her to say "Hi............yes..........I...........run.........fast..........", I kept thinking who is this dumb blond? Is she the female version of the dumb jock?

Remember that during your nice long run with DF, she might be fun to look at, and it might be exciting to go for a run with a top pro athlete, but don't expect a good conversation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [triguyjimbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree, she's very sweet.......Nice to see someone so grounded as well!!! She works really hard. It's great to see the success she's achieving!
Quote Reply
Re: Desiree Ficker... [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hate to say it - but my opinion of DF is as a "dumb blond". NO - I do not know anything about her other than she is very attractive, and he's a phenomenal athlete. SHe's got the "shwiiiiing!" factor for sure! And she may have her Phd, MD, doctor of biomechanics, etc - but when she speaks on TV or in an interview, she reminds me of my dumb blond girlfriend I had in High School. I listened to the interviews she did during the NBC airing of Kona, and also an interview she did last year after another race - it was like they had to prompt her to say "Hi............yes..........I...........run.........fast..........", I kept thinking who is this dumb blond? Is she the female version of the dumb jock?

Remember that during your nice long run with DF, she might be fun to look at, and it might be exciting to go for a run with a top pro athlete, but don't expect a good conversation.
Oh boy are you gonna hear it....

Quote Reply

Prev Next