Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Deschutes River Valley TT Stage Race
Quote | Reply
After waiting a year to finally try out this race, I was not disappointed at all. Could be that I was on a high being my first race of any kind since March of last year or that I just love to ride my TT bike but I had more fun at this race than any other race I've ever done.

For those that haven't heard of this, it is a purposely small race (capped at ~60 entrants) in Oregon that is, as of now, the only TT stage race in the US and it is loads of fun and challenging even if you come to cruise it. There was a thread on it a few years ago here. 3 stages over two days with gentle climbs and guaranteed wind factors.

It is held on the last weekend of April every year (except last year) in Maupin, OR (2hr drive from PDX) with a beautiful hotel used as the base and a campsite literally next door. Lots of climbing, lots of wind, lots of fun.

Anyway, while I post this now and make y'all wait another year to try and plan this out, the RD announced that he is working on producing a brand new event at the same base location for later this year that will be a gravel edition so stay tuned, if this actually happens, I will try to post it here for y'all. He hosts a few other events, including a 200 mile ultra loop, using the same base location as DRVTT, that can also be raced as a relay coming up this weekend (spots still open now, if anyone is local and can work it in).

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Deschutes River Valley TT Stage Race [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummed to miss it this year, but it was my dad's 70th B-day last weekend.

George is a fantastic guy and that race has all the good feels of a small race. Plus George has a run between stages 1 & 2 that he times. I've heard h has a "how long can you swim in place" in there somewhere, but haven't seen that yet.

How were the winds for Bakeoven?
Quote Reply
Re: Deschutes River Valley TT Stage Race [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
Bummed to miss it this year, but it was my dad's 70th B-day last weekend.

George is a fantastic guy and that race has all the good feels of a small race. Plus George has a run between stages 1 & 2 that he times. I've heard h has a "how long can you swim in place" in there somewhere, but haven't seen that yet.

How were the winds for Bakeoven?

Probably the best ever wind-wise. This was my first time but the strava records for the descent got destroyed, i think 7 of the top 10 this year. I had a faster descent than a friend of mine who is way, way, way stronger than me. Plan to do it again next year, hope to see you there!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: Deschutes River Valley TT Stage Race [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This event makes me consider coming out of TT retirement, especially with it just up the road. It’s penciled in for 2022.
Quote Reply
Re: Deschutes River Valley TT Stage Race [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
This event makes me consider coming out of TT retirement, especially with it just up the road. It’s penciled in for 2022.

Great! (Especially since you're likely a higher cat than me!)

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply