Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Derailleur hanger for SC 9.9
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 Speed Concept 9.9 with Dura-ace components. Where can I get a replacement for the rear derailleur hanger? For some reason, I can’t find that part online. My derailleur is rubbing against my disc when I am in the big cassette in the back. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur hanger for SC 9.9 [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your local trek dealer

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur hanger for SC 9.9 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will ask this question a different way. Is a derailleur hanger typically a product manufactured by the frame maker or the group set maker? I.e., is it a Shimano or Trek part?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek Part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your Trek dealer should have a handful of these. I think they are the same hanger as on the Madone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:
I have a 2016 Speed Concept 9.9 with Dura-ace components. Where can I get a replacement for the rear derailleur hanger? For some reason, I can’t find that part online. My derailleur is rubbing against my disc when I am in the big cassette in the back. Thanks

https://wheelsmfg.com/...ufacturers/trek.html
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur hanger for SC 9.9 [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
Poon wrote:

https://wheelsmfg.com/...ufacturers/trek.html

It's the dropout #176.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the hanger is damaged (visibly bent or cracked), Trek or Wheels Manufacturing as above.

If the hanger isn’t damaged then there are 2 possibilities.

1. It’s not aligned. Get it aligned properly. There’s a tool for that (Park), rather than replacing the hanger.

2. carbon mech inner plates are wider than metal and will rub on some discs. That’s ‘too bad’. Change disc or mech.

If you do replace the hanger, step 1 above is necessary.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Last edited by: SkippyKitten: Mar 11, 18 4:43
Quote Reply
Re: Derailleur hanger for SC 9.9 [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick note re 1 above.
Many people believe that a new hanger will be aligned as it comes.
It almost never is.

Frames vary and also dropout wear alters how the hanger sits when the wheel is clamped, so they always need to be aligned when fitted unless you have a freak straight frame with zero dropout wear.

If your hanger is just scuffing the disc it is probably fine and just needs 2 minutes with the correct tool to make it good.
You may or may not need to adjust your end stops and indexing after you do so.
Quote Reply