Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Denver to Pueblo, CO - route suggestions?
Quote | Reply
I live in Denver and will be riding to Pueblo Saturday morning. I'll likely take the lightrail to Ridgegate and start from there. Should be about a 115 mile ride. Anyone have experience riding a north to south route? I think after Fountain it will be pretty desolate. I'll be taking Overton Road for about 25 miles right before I get to Pueblo.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Denver to Pueblo, CO - route suggestions? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a gravel/CX bike I would recommend taking Greenland Open Space South to the New Santa Fe Regional Trail in Palmer Lake that goes all the way to Fountain. Then the roads as you mentioned(Old Pueblo rd, Hanover, Meridian, Overton).

Also North of Greenland Open Space there is a new trail extension that I've heard about, so that might get you another 8 or so miles off the roads. I haven't been on this section and unfortunately don't know where it starts on the North end (it's on my list to check it out from the Greenland side heading North), but have ridden Greenland OS and the Santa Fe trail many times. It's not at all technical but can be somewhat sandy so narrow road tires wouldn't be my choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Denver to Pueblo, CO - route suggestions? [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic recommendation! I will be using my CAADX (with wider, commuter tires), so I should be good.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply