Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Death Threats to Tygart
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...strong-investigation

Slowtwitch - the Front Page - can feel proud to have been one of the first publications to call Tygart out personally, and putting his professionalism into question. Without any evidence at that point too!! Funny that.

I never seem to be able to find that article anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Death Threats to Tygart [Il Falco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Il Falco wrote:

Slowtwitch - the Front Page - can feel proud to have been one of the first publications to call Tygart out personally, and putting his professionalism into question. Without any evidence at that point too!! Funny that.

? Can you explain for those of us who don't follow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Il Falco wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tygart-received-death-threats-during-usadas-armstrong-investigation

i bet one of the letters came from a "JRenfro"

-Jason
Quote | Reply
jasondubose wrote:
Il Falco wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tygart-received-death-threats-during-usadas-armstrong-investigation

i bet one of the letters came from a "JRenfro"

That is a serious accusation. Death threats are not a joking matter.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superfrog Tri advertised across the top of the forum page too!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Slowtwitch - the Front Page - can feel proud to have been one of the first publications to call Tygart out personally, and putting his professionalism into question. Without any evidence at that point too!! Funny that."

you can simply place "tygart" into the search utility and query any articles in which you feel i have personally, gravely, and unjustly imperiled the life of travis tygart. or you can step back from the charge you have just made. your choice. choose wisely.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Placing the thread title with your comments leads to only one inference, and that is way way way out of line. If there has been any comments or article that question the USADA or Tygart's methodology/motives etc, I sure don't think it leads to anywhere within a gazillion miles of the inference, YIKES! Our opinions on all of the proceedings may be all over the spectrum but threats, especially death threats, are very serious and should be dealt with severely.

As Dan wrote ... choose wisely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Dan is pretty lenient with what is said on here about him as I an attest to but that is as far out there over the line and dumb as I have seen.

Quote Reply
Re: Death Threats to Tygart [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

you can simply place "tygart" into the search utility and query any articles in which you feel i have personally, gravely, and unjustly imperiled the life of travis tygart.

That's a pretty weak strawman.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Superfrog Tri advertised across the top of the forum page too!!"

superfrog has been an advertiser all year, starting with its spring superseal race. likewise rev3. if you feel that i need, in all good conscience, to cancel previously placed campaigns because they subsequently became events armstrong intends to race, then i'll understand if honor compels you to cancel your slowtwitch subscription.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Death Threats to Tygart [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"That's a pretty weak strawman."

in that case i am guilty of missing the gist of the original post. perhaps you can explain it to me.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Il Falco wrote:

Why do you love Cancer so much?

Steve

http://www.PeaksCoachingGroup.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
" ... if you feel ... then i'll understand if honor compels you to cancel your slowtwitch subscription.

hahaha brilliant!

Il Falco 0 : 1 Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

in that case i am guilty of missing the gist of the original post. perhaps you can explain it to me.

My track record of explaining things to you is not very good.

The death threats to Travis Tygart come in a context of making the case as personal between him and Lance Armstrong. That was one of the vectors of LA's PR strategy a few months ago. That was reflected often in the media, I've read quite a few pieces that were centered about what TT, not USADA, was doing to Lance.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Il Falco wrote:

I think this is WAY out of line. Comparing an opinion piece to a death threat is ridiculous. We don't all have to agree, and Mr. Empfield and I are on opposite sides of the fence about some aspects of this issue, but I don't think this accusation is even remotely fair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have banner ad availabilty for Gran Fondo New York.

I asked last year by email but never heard back from you. Our emails sometimes end up in spam.

Thanks!

Quote | Reply
Il Falco wrote:
Slowtwitch - the Front Page

WTF is the "front page"?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paulo Sousa wrote:
Slowman wrote:

The death threats to Travis Tygart come in a context of making the case as personal between him and Lance Armstrong. That was one of the vectors of LA's PR strategy a few months ago. That was reflected often in the media, I've read quite a few pieces that were centered about what TT, not USADA, was doing to Lance.

What's your point? Are you claiming people on ST made death threats to TY? If not, what are you saying again?
Quote Reply
Re: Death Threats to Tygart [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
Il Falco wrote:

WTF is the "front page"?

You are probably joking but incase not: http://www.slowtwitch.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Death Threats to Tygart [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahillock wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:
Il Falco wrote:

WTF is the "front page"?

You are probably joking but incase not: http://www.slowtwitch.com/

I was joking. But thanks anyways

Last edited by: Turd Ferguson: Sep 24, 12 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Death Threats to Tygart [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahillock wrote:
Paulo Sousa wrote:

What's your point? Are you claiming people on ST made death threats to TY? If not, what are you saying again?

I think that he is saying that people made death threats after reading opinion pieces attacking TT (also inferring that the opinion piece is somehow responsible for the lunatic making a death threat). I could be wrong, I have been before, I will be again.

However, if that is what he is saying someone writing an opinion piece (regardless of how crazy their opinion is) is not responsible in any way for someone making a death threat to someone else after reading it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Il Falco wrote:

You mean this one? http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._and_USADA_2848.html

The one where Dan says that "I think the onus is on USADA to lay out the case"

So far the USADA has not stated their case other than announcing the outcome.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"My track record of explaining things to you is not very good."

true dat.

"The death threats to Travis Tygart come in a context of making the case as personal between him and Lance Armstrong."

deaths threats to tygart come in the context of there are some crazy or reckless people out there. travis tygart heads usada, and he has been eager to be its face. his opinions and decisions become usada's tactics. there is nothing wrong this this. i inject myself into my own business. you do so as well. accordingly, you write about me in very personal terms when referencing my company's behavior. no problem.

i think we have treated travis tygart in an entirely appropriate manner: i, and those of use who opine on usada, reference usada the organization when called for, and we reference tygart's own statements and opinions when called for. you might not agree with my (or our) analysis, results, conclusions, however, i don't believe there is any sense that we have it in for tygart personally.

if somebody threatens me with personal harm (which has been done plenty over the past decade) i promise not to blame you for your negative opinions directed in writing toward me, unless you pronounce a fatwa on slowman.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Death Threats to Tygart [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Do you have banner ad availabilty for Gran Fondo New York."

you betcha. and as a loyal and longtime slowtwitcher, i'll grant you a very favorable rate.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Il Falco wrote:

Well, unless it was up and pulled within a few hours, it only exists in your fevered imagination. I've been through 5 different 'net archives, and none have this elusive article.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply

Prev Next