Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dear Older Generation
Quote | Reply
Please stop posting selfies with every single athletic workout you complete. We get it, you workout. Please stop sharing these "selfies" after completing a workout and including a caption such as "On the road to Ironman (insert name)"

Am I the only one that thinks after workout selfies whether on strava, instagram, facebook, etc just too much? If you're dedicated to a sport enough, your result at said race deserves the only "selfie"
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Older Generation [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine why you care so much. As you mature, you'll stop letting stupid shit other people do bother you.
-An Old Dude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really don't know. I'm over 60. Don't do Strava, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Have never posted a selfie anywhere.

But, here's a piece of advice from an old guy. Don't assume everyone in a particular group is the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am definitely in the older generation, but I also do not do twitter, strava, instagram, etc. I am on Facebook, but I do not post selfies every day, every workout, or whatever. The funny thing is that I thought that is what the younger generation did...documenting their entire life through selfies...."Look, I'm eating a donut!"

No doubt there are some old fogies with a deep seated need for recognition, but by and large I would say you are describing a millennial habit.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Apr 28, 17 12:26
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Older Generation [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I am definitely in the older generation, but I also do not do twitter, strava, instagram, etc. I am on Facebook, but I do not post selfies every day, every workout, or whatever. The funny thing is that I thought that is what the younger generation did...documenting their entire life through selfies...."Look, I'm eating a donut!"

No doubt there are some old fogies with a deep seated need for recognition, but by and large I would say you are describing a millennial habit.

X2.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:
Please stop posting selfies with every single athletic workout you complete. We get it, you workout. Please stop sharing these "selfies" after completing a workout and including a caption such as "On the road to Ironman (insert name)"

Am I the only one that thinks after workout selfies whether on strava, instagram, facebook, etc just too much? If you're dedicated to a sport enough, your result at said race deserves the only "selfie"

Wut?

Me thinks you'll see way more tattoos and piercings on social media than you do wrinkles.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL, sorry dude, Millennials are old. We got a gen Z here!

HuffNPuff wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Slowtwitch!

And get off my lawn! (or move this to Lavender)
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Apr 28, 17 12:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:

JEALOUS???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Younger Generation,
Of those things you listed, I only you Facebook and rarely are my posts about myself and never selfies.
I do find you young wippersnappers wasting everyone's time posting every run, hike, swim, ride, and especially injury.
Get over yourself.
Sorry, I just wasted my time on you.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:

if every locker room in every gym i've ever been to can be used as a guide ... the older generation LOVES exposure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yet your username indicates you were probably a cross country champion? Perhaps in 2011? Glad you are not looking for any recognition! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you stay the hell off my yard. Damn kids with your fanny packs and rap music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

I would say I have a combo of older and younger training friends. Some post after every workout, so post something after something major, some post after an event, some post never. It spans all generations. The after every workout group drive me nuts in that they are pushing this out to all of their 100-1000 facebook friends, most of whom know nothing about sport. I'm cool with talking about every workout with training partners or in a sports circle. If someone wants to talk/post about every workout somewhere like ST, that's fine....that's where we're supposed to talk sport. On facebook, or at work or at family get togethers, no one wants to hear about sport only. That's really the problem. The people posting about sport after every workout in non sporting circles, don't seem to realize that most of the people getting the feed don't care about sport. In high school, we talked all kinds of smack about every track workout and every interval right after track practice iwth the track guys. But the soccer, or volleyball team has zero interest. The marching band even less. Just keep your extra curricular inside your extra curricular group. Share the highlights with those outside it, once in a while. That system tends to work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I stop posting selfies - how will people know how awesome I am? #postworkoutselfiesrule
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Older Generation [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
if every locker room in every gym i've ever been to can be used as a guide ... the older generation LOVES exposure

FTW !!

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Older Generation [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
xcchampion11 wrote:

Now come clean the coffee off my screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:

Xchamp, is this a joke. You know pink font?

Selfies anyone? My life isn't meaningful unless it's documented ad nauseam on multiple media platforms. Come on! This is the essence of the youthful generation.

Or perhaps you believe that only people under 25 should be self absorbed and egocentric?
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Older Generation [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:
xcchampion11 wrote:

Xchamp, is this a joke. You know pink font?

Selfies anyone? My life isn't meaningful unless it's documented ad nauseam on multiple media platforms. Come on! This is the essence of the youthful generation.

Or perhaps you believe that only people under 25 should be self absorbed and egocentric?

On a plus note, facebook stock hit an all time high surpassing $150 today. I don't feel like such an idiot getting in at IPO. The rest of you guys please keep posting selfies of EVERY WORKOUT...I prefer is you upload video to enable FB's monetization of all the self absorption. We are the actors, the producers and the eyeballs in this new age media world (vs the studios, actors, TV networks and cable TV and audiences in the old world order). Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg are loving all of this. Their market cap surpassed $430B today.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Older Generation [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
If I stop posting selfies - how will people know how awesome I am? #postworkoutselfiesrule
Barrel roll over your house. That's how.

Q: how do you recognize a pilot? A: he'll let you know

Anyway, this topic makes no sense. By and large younger generation is on social media sharing everything with the whole world, and older might be there just to stay in touch with their kids and grandkids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most of the older guys who train with my group dont even have social media. I'm 34 and an instagram person myself, lots and lots of cool bikes on there.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Says the person with the HEY LOOK AT ME "Champion" in his handle. Nice hypocrisy.

Just sayin.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Older Generation [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear young Snowflake, HTFU.
Last edited by: Meek: Apr 28, 17 16:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found your post interesting as I think it's all younger people posting selfies.
Oh wait a minute...everyone is younger than me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello xcchampion11 and All,

What's this 'selfie' ...... of which you speak?

xcchampion11 wrote:

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next