Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dear Macca...
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan and I have defended you here many times, but you're a total dick here:

http://www.chrismccormack.com/...ryDetail.aspx?id=135

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like an NFLer or MLBer on steroids. What's up with that?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was happy to beat a guy that was saying he wasn't that good. I don't see what was wrong with it, except that he mentioned Faris talking sh*t about him 6 different times....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marcia, Marcia, MARCIA!!!......

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like this part: "I rode 4 minutes quicker than Faris over 20km "

Something is seriously not how it appears when a pro puts 4:00 into another pro over 20km.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I think I really humbled Faris yesterday and he was gracious in defeat"

too bad he wasn't a gracious winner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geeeze. Talk about rubbing it in. Could also just be trash talk to set up big interest in Germany. At least I hope it was.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [turn n' burn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paulo likes Faris, and doesn't care for Normann. That's his problem here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure it comes across much better when said in an Aussie accent...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After initially thinking he was a total ass after IMH, then softening over the last couple of months and seeing a couple of more interviews with him, he seems to be regressing back to his IMH-type of comments. From what I remember, I thought his major beef was with Normann and that he and Faris didn't have a real issue. Faris just didn't think the 7meter rule was fair, but I don't think he accused Macca of breaking the rule.

Someone in Macca's inner circle should politely suggest that he act like a professional before and after races, not just during! Just my two cents.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Macca should try writing his posts and letting them sit of a day before he actually posts them and I migh suggest letting someone else read it too. I hope Faris prints that out and keeps it until October.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About Macca: He's like school in the summer...no class.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Paulo likes Faris, and doesn't care for Normann. That's his problem here.
I could add that you don't like me, but the thread is not really about me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, Macca is not well informed about his opponents either. Faris is anything but well trained at the moment. Things will be sorted out in October - I am really looking forward to that race - and hope we have Faris and Normann kickin' his butt again ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(I can't believe i'm 29 years-old and about to write this):

Faris started it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looooove you Paulo. How could I not love the king shit of turd island!

And come on, this thread is how you feel towards Normann and Faris. Macca calls Normann a dog and says 'take away his Hawaii wins, and he doesn't have a career' to a national publication (TriathleteMag) and you defend him! Then he writes in his dear diary about how he smacked Faris around and taught him a history lesson, and now he's a dick?

Riiiiiight.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca is never gracious in defeat or victory, something that marks out the measure of a man. Kipling said it best:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools.

There is a very interesting editorial in the current issue the Triathlon magazine Canada that says a lot about Macca and Normann's comments in Kona both on each other and Macca's comment on Faris. Not very flattering to Faris nor reflecting well on himself.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools.

Wow. I'm not really to sure what this quote means, but I find it amazing that you were able to pull out a Kipling quote. I wish I could do shit like that.

Maybe I should have spent more time reading than playing Asteroids back in High School.

Well done!

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 mins in a sprint race is an ass whipping...and i'm a faris fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone's true colors come out eventually.

Macca is and has always been arrogant and this article once again confirms it.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see what’s wrong either. I mean he is definitely cocky and likes to talk smack, but based on the post it seems he was also reacting to comments made by Faris. Yeah he could have posted something more gracious or polite but I am sure he did it that way for Faris to know about it. Plus is someone is talking trash about me, I wouldn’t mind proving him wrong at all!

Jorge Martinez
Head Coach - Sports Science
E3 Training Solutions, LLC
@CoachJorgeM
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Jorge M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree...but prove him wrong on the field of play and then just sit back and enjoy it. You don't need to talk about it. At least the good classy ones don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's my favourite poem so much so that I have a copy above my desk at work so it's pretty easy. It basically means that how won reacts to others in time of adversity tells a lot about a one's character. To choose your words carefully as they will surely be twisted to come back and bite you.

These words have been interpreted by greater experts than I but that breifly is my take on that passage which thought apt to the thread.

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Macca... [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree...but prove him wrong on the field of play and then just sit back and enjoy it. You don't need to talk about it. At least the good classy ones don't.
======================================================================================

How very true, decorum seems to be sadly lacking from these guys. Actions speak louder than words and empty vessels make more noise seem fitting to this situation.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am with you Turn n' Burn. I see nothing wrong with someone talking smack about his competition when they have done the same. I would like to see the results and see if the times quoted are accurate but I can bet that no matter when Chris races anyone he will be in top form. I like his confidence. The guy is fast and there are not very many pro's (if any) that can rack up as many wins in a season at all the different distances like he does.
Quote Reply

Prev Next