Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Deals for Kona qualifiers
Quote | Reply
A few months ago there was a post about KQers providing their email addresses for access to special deals. Has anyone heard anything yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [MOPinCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was to me. I have provided many great deal to many KQ athletes now. I just need your email address, a photocopy of your passport and drivers license plus your social security number and date of birth. For the best deals if you could supply your bank account number helps too...
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think that you would want their credit card number with expiration date and the security code on the back.
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figure that would be a too greater deal to accept...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This smells like a scam. The real owners of Ironman are in China and that's where I sent all my information. You people should be more careful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Can_you_help_me_contact_these_people%3F_Kona_2019_P6883172/?search_string=kona%20qualifier#p6883172

Instagram or twitter me softly @xatefrogg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The deal is you qualified for Kona. Stop being greedy. lol

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I recall the notice. No, never heard anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimule wrote:
This smells like a scam. The real owners of Ironman are in China and that's where I sent all my information. You people should be more careful.

The request was pinned to the top of the forum page for a couple of months. ST admin responded to questions in the thread. So unless Dan was unable to see the equivalent of "You've been hacked" post at the top of the forum for weeks on end, then it is highly unlikely that it was a scam.

Edit - did you really send your information to China? Last I checked Ironman HQ is in Tampa, FL (a few miles from my own office) and North American IMs are managed here. You should be more careful.

Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Jul 25, 19 13:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is not a scam, and yes it is a ST gathering of qualifiers for special deals to them only. How do I know, it is my wife who was collecting these, and you all trust me, dont you? By the way, I'm, I mean she is missing some CVV numbers still... (-;
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes... this is the list I was referring to. Any update on if/when the emails were sent out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea, but I can ask dan when he comes back from his high Sierra mountain bike adventure with PT, they just left..
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Edit - did you really send your information to China? Last I checked Ironman HQ is in Tampa, FL (a few miles from my own office) and North American IMs are managed here. You should be more careful.

This is exactly what the Russians want you to think.
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an elaborate ruse because I've been in their building quite a few times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
It's an elaborate ruse because I've been in their building quite a few times.

I hope it wasn't to take advantage of their free WiFi. /pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimule wrote:

Sorry - I really didn't think this required pink type -sheesh! Let me repost it:
This smells like a scam, The real owners of Ironman are in China and that's where I sent all my information. You people should be more careful.
Quote Reply
Re: Deals for Kona qualifiers [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
That was to me. I have provided many great deal to many KQ athletes now. I just need your email address, a photocopy of your passport and drivers license plus your social security number and date of birth. For the best deals if you could supply your bank account number helps too...

Smells like a scam to me .. if you were legit, you'd also ask for a small upfront payment.
Quote Reply