Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DeSoto Wetsuits
Quote | Reply
In the market to buy a wetsuit. Appricate any comments in regards to the T1 - Dos - Tres DeSoto wetsuits. Pros and cons of all three.
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Wetsuits [ccsister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're trying to get a T1 to test so we'll let you know when it happens...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had 5 wetsuits not counting wetsuits for surfing. I got a T1 last spring and love it. A lot of people will talk about it being hard to remove. I've never had a problem and have used a couple of different methods i.e. in water and on land. Good luck on your search. ted3
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Wetsuits [ted3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted, have you ever had the Tres or Dos and if so what is your comparsion? I am on a budget and would like to see if spending the extra money is really worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a HUGE fan of my new Tres. It fits great, is very comfortable, and I think it's very easy to remove. (A bit hard to put ON, but easy to take off.) As for swimming in it, I was astonished at how fast I was in it in a club race over the weekend. I was easily in the top 20% out of the water and I'm used to being in the bottom 25%. The buyancy is fantastic, it really elevates your legs and makes rolling effortless. I was also very impressed by the construction. All of the seams/stitches stretch and it is quite well made. This was definitely money well spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've compared the Dos, Tres, and T1 side by and it looks like the primary difference between the Dos and Tres is the rubber. The Tres rubber seems a bit stretchier and the outside is very smooth feeling. The outside of the suit slides against itself much better than the Dos. I think the primary benefit is that it makes removing the suit easier. I don't know if there's any swim speed difference though. Perhaps Dan could help. I'm not sure what the cost difference is though and it it'll be justified in your particualr case. FWIW, I went with the Tres.
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Wetsuits [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:

'FWIW, I went with the Tres.'

How did they compare to the T1? Did you go for the Tres just because of the cost or was the T1 not that much better for the big price jump?

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the DOS last season. I like it a lot. Although the concensus is that the DOS is the toughest of the three to remove, I personally didn't find it hard to remove quickly. After I had removed the top, the only thing that I had trouble with was puting my prescription goggles back on while running to T1, but that's my own personal handicap. I would never be able to navigate my way throught the transition area if I left my goggles off. You could save a lot of $$ if you can find a DOS.

The new silver T1 is wild looking. I can't wait to see it in person.

http://store5.yimg.com/I/trisports_1730_991365

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Wetsuits [Hoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say the T1 has the same advantages over the Tres ans the Tres does over the Dos. Those being even stretchier rubber, and even easier to take off. Desoto says it floats a bit better too. After swimming in the Tres, I can't imagine what the T1 is like. But to answer your question, the T1 was never in consideration for me because it was just out of my price range. Because I was never seriously considering the T1, I didn't pay it much attention, so I can't really speak to its relative worth over the Tres. One thing is for certain, I'm a two piece fan for life and I don't think you can go wrong with any of these suits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T1 is my choice for 1/2 IM distances or longer (Oly distance sometimes). However, I prefer the Piel for shorter course tris. Easier (and faster) to remove than the T1.

I believe it was Dan E. that said the primary diff. between the dos and tres is the material. The tres is made from a slicker neoprene... that's is the primary difference between dos and tres (as for bouyancy, I'm not sure the material is that dramatic of a difference between dos and tres). The slicker material is suppose to make it easier to remove (not sure, if it's significantly more stretchable).

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply