Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DeSoto 400 Mile Bibs - Longevity
Quote | Reply
These shorts / bibs always come up when someone asks for training gear preferences. However, people rarely talk about how long shorts last or whether certain brands hold up better than others. I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal unless they fall apart right away.

I have a pair of 400 mile bibs that I bought roughly 2 years ago, and they have been my go-to bibs for training, with a few other brands mixed in. According to my rough estimate, I have worn these DeSoto's for over 13,000 miles of cycling. I just noticed the fabric getting a tiny bit see-through in the right (wrong?) light, and the other day I noticed 1 seam starting to unravel. I'm about to bust out a needle and thread and fix 'em up... hopefully i'll get another few thousand miles out of them.

Overall i'd say i'm pretty happy with their durability. Any other high mileage bibs out there?
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto 400 Mile Bibs - Longevity [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pair I wore today has a small area where the padding is separating from the rest of the short - first Time I've noticed it. I've had mine since '06 or '07.

Very high quality, durable, comfy shorts.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto 400 Mile Bibs - Longevity [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you mail them back to Dsoto they'll stitch them up for free
Quote Reply