Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do?
Quote | Reply

Looking at the pro start list:

http://www.ironman.com/...start%20list%201.pdf

I can see her finishing top five overall, maybe top three?

What do you think?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would hate to be those other ladies.

seeing that name and knowing you probably won't win
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hears somewhere that the mens field was "stacked"....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

What do you think?

lol. youre awfully conservative.

when the woman shows up she wins. end of story.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the poster may have been overall top 5. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
hblake wrote:

What do you think?

lol. youre awfully conservative.

when the woman shows up she wins. end of story.

He said overall.

Not sure about top 3 or 5 but it's quite possible she gets a top 10 overall assuming nothing goes awry with her race. The other women have no chance if Daniela races without some major issue... and there's no jellyfish in Lake Woodlands.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She will blow the doors off the women's field, but agree she isn't finishing top 5 overall including the men. If you look at what she did at frankfurt last year-- it was stunning-- I think she would have been 7th overall there. I don't see that kind of result happening at IMTX.

At TX:

> She gives up time to a good chunk of the men's field on the swim
> A large pack of male bikers have the benefit of a group ride on a flat, fast course that will collectively outpace her solo TT effort
> The winning men will run 2:3X, and ~10 more will run mid 250s or below; I don't see her running much better than that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somewhere between 4th and 7th. If she got to race heads up with the Men, I'd say 3rd-5th....or she'd blowup. But we won't get to see that. Would be cool though!
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As one of those "other women" I am excited at the chance to race Daniella outside Kona. There aren't many opportunities to do that. I was undecided about racing IMTX as I already have a Kona slot, but when I heard she was racing it made the decision for me.

To become better you have to race better people.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Jocelynmccauley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:
As one of those "other women" I am excited at the chance to race Daniella outside Kona. There aren't many opportunities to do that. I was undecided about racing IMTX as I already have a Kona slot, but when I heard she was racing it made the decision for me.

I love this attitude!!! It is one reason why you continue to grow as an athlete.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Jocelynmccauley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Thomas said -- DR is a freak and it's good to see people wanting to race her (that's how it should be). Have a great race-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

Love this response. You have a new fan. Have a great race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

Throwing down and taking a shot at the champ...awesome. I’ll be rooting for you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think she will do just fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She can name her margin of victory over the other women.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

You just made another fan!
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
She can name her margin of victory over the other women.

The OP said "overall".. I believe that was to ask where she would place among the men.

I wish she could start with the dudes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

awesome!!!! im pulling for you now!

you and jeanni seymour!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to say top 10 overall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good for you - hope you have a great day; my interest in this race will now have be checking in
all the best
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

Absolutely gained a new fan here. Great response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possible first sub-8?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf at Ironman Texas; How well will she do? [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Jocelynmccauley wrote:

Absolutely gained a new fan here. Great response.

+1. Will be rooting for you!!!

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She will come. She will dominate. She will beat some male pros. She will stand on the top step of the podium and collect the biggest check. She will then move on and repeat the same at her next race. When she shows up, everyone else is racing for 2nd place... She is in a league of her own, comparable to few others in individual sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell. Yes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next