Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Daniela Ryf and the competition
Quote | Reply
.. she delivered very very impressive .. is there a table with all the times & split times of all the IMWC pro competition out there ??

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think I can guess where this thread is going.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah .. in particular the "insular beholders" need good edit: real .. chances to recognize differences ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Oct 13, 18 23:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
Yeah .. in particular the "insular beholders" need good edit: real .. chances to recognize differences ..

Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking for the race results splits or for how her time compares to all time splits. Her 4:26 ride was completely solo and only 10 minutes slower than the Drietz men's Kona express group that was towing Lange and Gomez. She is more aero than almost all the pro men too.

to put her bike time in perspective, she was 2-3 minutes faster than what Lange rode last year and what Frodo rode 2 years ago. The bike day for the pro menlooks like it was 10-15 minute faster than normal depending on bike ability (the worse the biker you are in terms of watts/Cda the faster the day was....for a Wurf it was not that much faster than last year....he was 2 min faster, Lange was 12 min faster).

Meanwhile, Daniela was 27 minutes faster, and Lucy Charles (improved) was 20 min faster on the bike. Mirinda Carfrae also biked 4:45 which is 20 minutes faster than what she has historically ridden.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,

yes .. I'm asking if there is a link to a complete Kona pro competition table with all times and split times any where .. the second post was just to comment where this thread should not end ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Oct 14, 18 0:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
Hi Dev,

yes .. I'm asking if there is a link to a complete Kona pro competition table with all times and split times any where .. the second post was just to comment where this thread should not end ..

Here you go:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...hers_Archive_58.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. thanks a lot .. and if you know a link to the complete Kona 2018 all pro times and split times (and maybe all these #mark times they showed in the international feed) that would be great, too .. ore does it just take some days for the IM organization to deliver ??

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Oct 14, 18 0:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
.. thanks a lot .. and if you know a link to the complete Kona 2018 all pro times and split times (and maybe all these #mark times they showed in the international feed) that would be great, too .. ore does it just take some days for the IM organization to deliver ??

I think you and I can generate that faster than the IM organization by pulling it off the tracker manually!!! Sporstats usually has this up by Sunday Hawaii time but it is only 10 pm there right now and sportstats is working the finish line for 3 more hours of finishers.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Think I can guess where this thread is going.

OK I'll bite. Are you saying Daniela being 27 minutes faster is not congruent with the mens' field's faster times (Cam sub 4 minutes, Lange 12ish minutes). It appears to be congruent with the women's field faster times.

i do think that Lucy has 3-5 minutes faster biking by lowering her saddle by 1 full cm. She's losing a lot of glute and quad activation and rocking on the bike too and stressing hamstrings etc. Moving the entire saddle down should also result in her pushing less wind assuming she moves bars down which looks possible (she is young and should be able to ride with a more closed hip angle). And then when she gets to the run, her hamstrings and calves may have less stored glycogen from her seat too high saddle that she may be experiencing now.

I do think that Daniela needs to worry about Lucy getting even faster on the bike and running faster. With Lucy's engine, 5 min faster on the bike (relative to Daniela) is not out of the cards. Lucy was 12 min slower on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I said pre-race, Ryf is the best in the history of female IM distance racing. I think she proved that today. Her bike and run are over the top!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haug and True were closer to Lucy than Lucy was to Ryf. Both were on their first time racing Kona and both just started racing fulls this year. I think there’s a better chance they’ll be challenging Lucy for 2nd than anyone will be challenging Ryf. Despite the jellyfish sting she was actually 1 minute faster than Lucy this year than last.

The biggest bummer is not being able so see someone really push her from beginning to end. Her average margin of victory has been 11.5 minutes over the past 4 years. How much faster could she go If she was running down someone or had someone running off her shoulder. Chrissie in her prime versus Ryf would be an absolute dream match. Both were head and shoulders above the competition and never pushed to their limits in their prime. Had it not been for Rinny’s record and otherworldly 2:50 run split in 2014, she would have a record 5 a row.

Matt
Last edited by: Pun_Times: Oct 14, 18 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing that gets missed, Ryf did most of her bike training with the guy who was 5th last year and rode 4:21 this year. And by all accounts wasn't just drafting him the whole time they trained either. Compare that with Lucy riding with Reece on zwift - so not the same, and Sarah True said she did her training entirely on her own. That's great - produced a phenomenal result, but if Daniela is healthy and training with one of the fastest men in the world and holding her own, that's the level the other girls need to be at to get her.

We are a product of our environment, as they say...just my thoughts on it.

Amazing performances yesterday, and out of this world and I don't mean that in a bad way haha

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I didn’t know that. But it makes sense. Train with someone who’s going to really push you. And for these top women it means going with the pro men.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, James Cunnama has been 4th and 5th. That's the level she's aspiring to and training at.

I know that people are looking at her sideways after her performances, but this is in line with all her performances this year. Healthy and she is absolutely a picture of power and technique and strength and speed. Very impressive.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know I remember a day about 10 years ago when you directly, openly, ignorantly accused Chrissie Wellington of doping when she pulled out of Kona with serious illness.

I guess you learned your lesson...or were taught to tame your tongue.
Last edited by: Macho Grande: Oct 14, 18 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, her work on the bike really looked like a powerful dispensed & internalized line up ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I remember that post as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huu 43km/h+ .. what a pace of the lady ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Oct 14, 18 12:50
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny how so many, including the commentators, were essentially counting Ryf out after the swim. She came out of the water 9 minutes behind Charles. The race had barely started, but I too got caught up in the action and forgot that's it's a long day :) I'll never forget Mirinda coming back on the run in previous years. It ain't over until very close to the end!

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r-b wrote:
As I said pre-race, Ryf is the best in the history of female IM distance racing. I think she proved that today. Her bike and run are over the top!

Time will tell....longevity matters when you're talking about the best in history.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like a lot of people were faster..........why? What were the conditions like? What was different than previous years?
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
It seems like a lot of people were faster..........why? What were the conditions like? What was different than previous years?

Less winds on the bike. Cloud cover on the run.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

haha, were those the 3 fastest last 70k's of the race?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf and the competition [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, were those the 3 fastest last 70k's of the race?

I seriously doubt it, but for shock effect someone chose to use the ones she did beat. Where's Weisse's split, or a half dozen of the other men that paced it well?? Not to take anything away from the obvious troll here, but once she pasted Lucy there was no doubt a lot of media around on the course, at least I saw a lot of camera shots with her in them, and not from helicopters..

And that is not on her or anyone else, designated media Marshalls really need to be a thing, and of course do their jobs. And Ryf always seems to negative split her rides, picking up momentum as the race progresses, while most the guys have a go til you blow approach..
Quote Reply

Prev Next