Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dan's new review of the P2K
Quote | Reply
I will be taking possession of a spanking new P2K next week, and in the initial fit session the local LBS pointed me to the 54 versus the 51, they would both fit in the top tube. With the 54 I would have to ride it as in 78 degree seat angle, any other way and the top tube will be too long. LBS rational being that there would be too many spacers and need to long a stem with a 51. In any case, the owner of the LBS cant figure out why anyone would want to ride the bike any other way, being a bit of a hardcore supporter of the tri geometry.

However, I just read Dan's review in this months tri mag. Interesting point he noted was the prevalence of P2K he observed at the races being ridden with the post not reversed (i.e. in 75 degree angle). Why do you think that is?

Re: Dan's new review of the P2K [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"the prevalence of P2K he observed at the races being ridden in the 75 degree angle. Why do you think that is?"

the simplest answer for the largest number of cases is that the post looks more normal in its rearward configuration, and many or most dealers are not sufficiently aware of the issues to know any better.

i have a question. when i've gotten my P2Ks they come with the saddle on the seatpost, and it's in the rearward configuration. is this the way they're usually sent to dealers? if so, i wonder what would happen if the bikes were sent out with the post flipped the other way...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Dan's new review of the P2K [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You maybe correct, I know of a local fast AG who bought a P3, he spec.it as a steep angle but his LBS did not reverse the post.

But this then begs the question of how these bikes are being sold to the customer. By this I mean, the criteria for the sale of that particular size from the point of view of the LBS selling the bike and from the customer buying it? For instance in my case a 51 (@75/76) and a 54 (@78) have a 53 top tube (or near enough), I could be sold either bike depending on who sold it to me (of course that does not take into consideration the buyers knowledge base)

Re: Dan's new review of the P2K [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"But this then begs the question of how these bikes are being sold to the customer."

this is the sort of thing we teach at FIST workshops. some people come here not understanding the issues, but they certainly do by the time they leave.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply