Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dallas, Texas Fitters
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a solid fitter in the Dallas area?
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBM is good if you're looking for a road fit. But if you need a tri fit, the only way to go is a secret. The first rule of the speed club is that we don't talk about the speed club.
I will say that custom bending aero extensions out of 6061 tubing is fairly commonplace in speed club.
PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it would be worth the drive to Tyler and see John Cobb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colonels Bikes, University Dr on TCU campus in FW. You want Doug.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [tomtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on Colonel's in Fort Worth. Doug will take care of you. Josh will keep you rollin'.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [jessBsemple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks to all, that's good info.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [peaches] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on this. I am planning a trip to see the man very soon myself.

If you want local DFW, Matt, the manager of Bike's Plus in Coppell does a pretty good job and I recommend him without reservation.

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [peaches] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would be worth the drive to Tyler and see John Cobb.

+2..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary Wolfolk at RBM..
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [Konatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old thread but any new recommendations or are these still the guys? Anyone been fit at Trishop in Plano?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
playtri
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got fitted at TriShop in Plano recently. Very pleased with the outcome (purchased bike there too). They use the Retul Muve and do a thorough job.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [rtjones06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Retul still necessary if I already have a bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cbump wrote:
Is Retul still necessary if I already have a bike?

there is a retul fit bike, and also retul video on your actual bike. I also did a retul fitting at tri shop on my existing P2C, and although the changes were minor, they've made a ton of difference in my comfort level and ability to stay aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [z2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, that's what I'd like to do on my P1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'd highly suggest TriShop. They know their shit.
Last edited by: AggieOO: Aug 31, 12 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [AggieOO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for TriShop. Ask for Trent, he is the owner and does a bang up job. The shop is a thing of beauty as well. I drove all the way from Fort Hood to get fit there, and again after buying my bike to get it dialed in. I would do it again, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John Cobb or go home.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a fitter in Dallas - can anyone update the intel in this thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [SoonerMagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Craig Fulk www.dynamicbikefit.com I had a good experience with him and have been much more comfortable on the tt bike as a result. Not sure if I'm any faster but for sure can put out more power than before my fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trent at the TriShop in Plano, no question. Believe he may be the only master certified Retul fitter out there. I can vouch for him, my fit has been perfect and my best run times have been off the bike. I only have a year and a half riding in triathlons, never had discomfort or problems staying in aero after several 100+ mile rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can make the trip down to Austin see David Wenger of Durata Training.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [afbadbrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would also recommend Trent at the TriShop in Plano, I have had him fit me each of the last two years. Besides being a master fitter at Retul, he is extremely thourough and will explain everything to you along the way. Can't recommend him enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
I would also recommend Trent at the TriShop in Plano, I have had him fit me each of the last two years. Besides being a master fitter at Retul, he is extremely thourough and will explain everything to you along the way. Can't recommend him enough.

Co-sign this!! Matter of fact......I'll be seeing Trent later this summer for a re-fit on my Shiv and a fit on new road bike.

CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to update the intel here again. Trent Nix at the Tri Shop has been recommended (and if memory serves was profiled here a while back). I just spoke to the Tri Shop and was told that he's not doing many fits any more. I've got to squeeze this into a business trip to Dallas, so I may not be able to match up to his limited schedule.

I know the Tri Shop does good work generally and their other fitters are probably qualified. But the person behind the Retul machine still matters to me. If not Trent, who (person, not a shop) would you go to in Dallas? Or should I just make the effort to get back at a time I can see Trent?
Quote Reply

Prev Next