Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Daily temperatures
Quote | Reply
As part of our work protocol now I get my temperature checked everyday now . I’m usually in the low 97s range. I know 98.6 is just a number but is there anything to be low all the time ?

Not something I ever thought about until someone started taking my temp everyday. Who took their temp everyday until this came along?
Quote Reply
Re: Daily temperatures [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that I know of. My wife has always been mid-upper 96's. So, she's running a fever when she's at 98.6.

I'm pretty much spot on 98.6. I've only taken my daily temperature while in the hospital. Every four hours for two weeks. Almost every reading was between 98.4 and 98.9.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a healthcare provider I have to have mine add week as my patients taken everyday. I'm not due if this is your case or not but what we have found is that the forehead thermometers can be off consistently by 1 degree. (You power meter is more accurate).

That being said your body temp can vary by up to a degree throughout the day. Additionally, a research project at Stanford suggests that ther new 'gold standard'for body temperature should be more like 97.5F.

So you're normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not just you, it's everyone...

https://www.health.harvard.edu/...rature-2020031319173
Quote Reply