Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC - DQ's and Tattoos [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need more information
Quote Reply
Re: IMC - DNF’s and Tattoos [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First rule of getting out of a hole you’ve dug yourself into. Stop digging.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: IMC - DNF’s and Tattoos [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
First rule of getting out of a hole you’ve dug yourself into. Stop digging.

Very true.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: JayPeeWhy: Jul 31, 18 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: DNF [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have ambivalent opinions about claiming IM status in a case like this. 10 minutes out of the official finish.
On one hand, that's the rules I played by. On the other, I really don't give a rat's patooey about other people. It doesn't effect me in any way.

But in cases exactly like this, I do point out the finish times of some of the people who are the truest of Ironmen/women. The ones in the very first race or two who created the whole thing.
Some of them, very prominent ones, finished WELL beyond 17 hours. And they are The First of Ironmen, Mothers and Fathers of Dragons, The Freers of the Unsullied. The first to sit on the Iron Throne. Wait. Mixed metaphor there, but you know what I mean.
Quote Reply
Re: DNF [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair to this woman, with the rolling swim starts now in place for Ironman events it can be nearly impossible for racers, spectators, and announcers to tell who is an official finisher when someone crosses the finish line at or near the end of the race. For instance, at IM Canada, it looks like the AG swim start was at 6:00 am, but the finish line did not close until 17 hours after the LAST person started the swim. So, if someone started the swim at 6:05 am but the last racer didn't start the swim until 6:20, that first person could complete the run before the finish line closed, but still be over the 17 hour cutoff and be a DNF.
Quote Reply