Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DC Rainmaker review on COROS watches
Quote | Reply
How do I go about asking DC Rainmaker for an in-depth review on COROS watches? I’ve read the stuff available and I’m so far impressed with it but still a little scared to try such a new platform. I mention it because I’m sure other triathletes looking are curious as well.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: DC Rainmaker review on COROS watches [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact him through his website?

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/contact
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fwiw - my review of the COROS Apex comes out next week. I wanted to get in some openwater swims with it, before publishing a final review. Now that I'm down in Cape Town for a bit, I can do that.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His ‘just got to Cape Town’ post mentions wanting to get more open water swims for both the Coros and Polar so I’d suspect that the review you are looking for is in process.
Quote Reply
Re: DC Rainmaker review on COROS watches [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
Fwiw - my review of the COROS Apex comes out next week. I wanted to get in some openwater swims with it, before publishing a final review. Now that I'm down in Cape Town for a bit, I can do that.

Yay! Can’t wait!

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DC rainmaker review of COROS watches is out. Sort of a mixed bag. Sounds like he feels they still have some work to do. Not that he totally trashed it or anything. Hopefully, they can keep working on it and improve. More competition is better.
Quote Reply
Re: DC Rainmaker review on COROS watches [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read the review. One of the main reasons I wouldn't buy this would be that it just looks like a rip off of features from other watches. Even if it functioned well I just think that nearly all parts of it are a shameless replica of other watches. Some features on various multisport watches do feel similar to others but to have an entire watch copying specific designs and layouts of others seems wrong to me.

Never considered the issue of morality in smart watches before....
Quote Reply
Re: DC Rainmaker review on COROS watches [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell me...
Is Coros the Huawei of GPS sports watches ?
Their web site seems a little, shall we say, 'evasive' as to true background.

Yes there's an 'Inc' in CA. But is that a REAL base or just a PO box to get around a few international trading issues?

I THINK i know the answer already.
But want to double check.
Quote Reply
Re: DC Rainmaker review on COROS watches [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Tell me...

Is Coros the Huawei of GPS sports watches ?
Their web site seems a little, shall we say, 'evasive' as to true background.

Yes there's an 'Inc' in CA. But is that a REAL base or just a PO box to get around a few international trading issues?

I THINK i know the answer already.
But want to double check.

There is an actual office here in Socal. I know the CEO and a few others who work/worked for the company.

Most, including Lewis, are all athletes and active on Strava, as well as their group pages.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewis-wu-920577a8/

https://www.strava.com/athletes/20304513

Quote Reply