Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclocross World Championships
Quote | Reply
Who is watching? Who will win the men's and women's field?

Jolanda Neff is starting quite well today. Can she beat Vos and Brand? How about Katie FN Compton?!
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooof. Compton isn't looking well but Worst is looking the best! Cante and Keough looking strong too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's an opening for a mechanic in the Netherlands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a good race. Turns out SC was just out for a spin for the first 5 laps. Brandt looked sloppy. A few big mistakes. Was happy to see KK in the second group. Course looks pretty boring overall. I’d love to race it. Not very technical. Though those run ups look steep.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Lol I missed the replay. Did he trip her?!
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afrizzledfry wrote:
trail wrote:

As a CX mechanic, I’m offended the announcer kept blaming him for the exchange. If you watch the slow-mo, Brandt is still clipped in with her left foot when she hands off the bike.
She unclipped too late and that’s why she fell.

But hell of a race for her after all the mistakes she made. I think she was the strongest rider of the day, but Cant just executed perfectly.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with Alex. Why was she still clipped in? Pit crew expects the rider to be clipped out when reaching them and handing off. Burney got that wrong.

Mechanic was her dad:

"My father grabbed my bike just a second too early from my hands. I was still in pedal while cycling was already taken. He did not do that intentionally, but now it is sour. I was out of the rhythm, also in the head. Marianne Vos was happy to make some more pace "
Last edited by: carlosflanders: Feb 2, 19 10:08
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And they are coming to an Arkansas town near you in 2022. Thanks Walton family.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
afrizzledfry wrote:
trail wrote:

As a CX mechanic, I’m offended the announcer kept blaming him for the exchange. If you watch the slow-mo, Brandt is still clipped in with her left foot when she hands off the bike.
She unclipped too late and that’s why she fell.

But hell of a race for her after all the mistakes she made. I think she was the strongest rider of the day, but Cant just executed perfectly.

x3.

I'm not a huge fan of Cant, but I was happy to see her over Brandt as Lucinda made too many silly mistakes today.
Cant understands how to race as well, if not better, than anyone else out there.

Kaitie Keough rode very well today.

I'm super stoked to see one of our juniors in the U23 women's race tomorrow. 16 and taking on the world...

Also- When I saw Arkansas for world 2022, I immediately started checking other sources because I couldn't believe that news...

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Last edited by: xtrpickels: Feb 2, 19 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x4. And I retract my comment about the mechanic after review. Not his fault.

Cant is the superior technician. Just doesn't make all the little tiny hesitations that the chasers were. She's firmly put the classic, "Worlds? Sanne Cant" joke to its grave.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 2, 19 12:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. Cant is the best technician in the peloton. Timing is almost always perfect. Thinks about line choice and adjusts throughout the race. Her footwork is impeccable and won her worlds last year over Compton.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
And they are coming to an Arkansas town near you in 2022. Thanks Walton family.

Whelp, guess the wife and I will be flying to NW Arkansas to visit her family in 3 years. Usually she’s gotta convince me to make the cross country trip, but I’d love to go watch live.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the course looked so much drier and easier to ride for the U23 men (who raced 2 hours earlier i think). Piddcock looked a class apart, but i don't follow the U23s enough to know if a slower course would have helped the Belgian guy.

Pleased to see Sanne win again.....rather than one of those just doing the sport in their "off season". She will wear that Jersey near the front, twice every week all next Winter.

The women's races this year have been so much better to watch than the men.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
And a surrogate father position too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Insane racing from the men today. Van der Poel is killing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Ooof. Compton isn't looking well but Worst is looking the best! Cante and Keough looking strong too.

Wonder what happened to KFC. She finished, but.....
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MKirk wrote:
Wonder what happened to KFC. She finished, but.....

She's been suffering from asthma most of the season. In her last race (2nd to Cant) she described having to go 80% the whole race to avoid an acute attack. I don't know if that's what happened here, but it's pretty likely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
American men a little disappointing. I didn't expect them to be contenders, but was hoping for more than one on the lead lap.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclocross World Championships [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
Lucinda made too many silly mistakes today.

Yes, she was slipping all over; I don't think she cleared that camber cleanly even once

If you discount the poor exchange in the pits, she'd still finish 5+ secs behind

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The mens race was the most exciting one so far this year! Too bad Van Aert stumbled on the incline after he pulled back Van der Poel in amazing fashion.. Both looked like they were riding to kill eachother if one didn't pull away or pulled back the other
Quote Reply