Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclist hit (down) at IM Victoria 70.3
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what happened to the guy who I presume got hit by a car around mile 52 at Victoria today? Looked bad, really shook me up when I saw it.

He was down, two parked cars by him, a few people around him, but no paramedics by the time I passed it. Really didn’t look good

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist hit (down) at IM Victoria 70.3 [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On Oldfield on the final run-in to the finish?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe he broke his collarbone. His front tire got clipped on another athletes aggressive pass.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist hit (down) at IM Victoria 70.3 [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerikstri wrote:
I believe he broke his collarbone. His front tire got clipped on another athletes aggressive pass.

Oh really?!?! Damn, that sucks. Based on the amount of traffic going the other way and the two cars pulled up next to him, I guess I wrongly assumed he was hit by a car.

I don’t recall seeing any other cyclists stopped there at the time, shitty if what you said is true and the asshole kept riding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 2018 someone was hit by a car.

There was a dickwad driving a remote control car across the road on one of the climbs yesterday. No real threat to me or the people behind me at that point. Not sure about later.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friend was working at the hospital when he was brought in and said he hit a deer. This was on West Saanich Road before the right turn on to Keating. Didn’t get in to the details of injuries but she said he was going to be okay.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist hit (down) at IM Victoria 70.3 [Daynalee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daynalee wrote:
Friend was working at the hospital when he was brought in and said he hit a deer. This was on West Saanich Road before the right turn on to Keating. Didn’t get in to the details of injuries but she said he was going to be okay.

Crazy

There were a lot of cyclists and cars at that point in the race, surprised the deer even made it through. So random and scary

Quote Reply