Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Time Trial Podcast?
Quote | Reply
Mark Florence has not had a show in quite awhile. His Twitter page is not working anybody know if he is ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somewhat surprised that anyone noticed to be honest. I deactivated the Twitter account due to the nature of Twitter and just needing a break from it. I have reactivated it @markflorence11. In regards to the podcast I would like to restart it but have been a bit too busy with two grandkids at the moment. It is hard to schedule guests as I don't like having them "bend" to my schedule. Thanks for the interest. I can be reached via PM here as well. I am hoping to get some new podcast content soon.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [flocrest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flocrest wrote:
Somewhat surprised that anyone noticed to be honest. I deactivated the Twitter account due to the nature of Twitter and just needing a break from it. I have reactivated it @markflorence11. In regards to the podcast I would like to restart it but have been a bit too busy with two grandkids at the moment. It is hard to schedule guests as I don't like having them "bend" to my schedule. Thanks for the interest. I can be reached via PM here as well. I am hoping to get some new podcast content soon.

Mark

The Cycling Time Trial podcast is kind of an essential service during Turbo trainer season !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mark I enjoy your podcast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in the podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to more great content from you and your guests... in your own time.

Thank you for all the great work you've already done!

Your podcasts inspired me to take the leap into serious aero and I'm now doing my own field testing. There are geeks like us out there listening and learning, and updating and improving our testing protocols and spreadsheets. 🙂 Fun being a competitive master athlete.

Plus, when I'm driving the family hours to the ski field in the winter at 4.30am you, Josh at Silca and the TrainerRoad crew keep me podcast company and entertained while everyone else in the 4x4 van sleep.

cheers

Quote | Reply
Still the best cycling podcast, Hope all is well Mark!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jellybelly wrote:
Mark Florence has not had a show in quite awhile. His Twitter page is not working anybody know if he is ok.

He's back in the groove. He was kind enough to ask me back on and we did a show together last night. You can now find that podcast back on his site as per normal.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
jellybelly wrote:

He's back in the groove. He was kind enough to ask me back on and we did a show together last night. You can now find that podcast back on his site as per normal.

Great discussion. Thanks

Glad to see Mark back at it

Happy to hear the announcement of their next guest. I won't say who, people can listen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve enjoyed the podcast in the past as well! Thanks for investing your time into keeping us entertained!
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 more episodes now added this year on a variety of topics if you haven't had the chance to listen to it recently.

https://cyclingtimetrialpodcast.libsyn.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
8 more episodes now added this year on a variety of topics if you haven't had the chance to listen to it recently.

Your episode was very good. The guy on the previous episode, so so......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was happy to see the new episodes. I really enjoyed the episode where Marc talks about his work with Silvain Adams.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I was happy to see the new episodes. I really enjoyed the episode where Marc talks about his work with Silvain Adams.

We were doing beer (me) and wine (Sylvan) one night and jokingly I said "after worlds you have to do the hour record".

Well....guess what ? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

We were doing beer (me) and wine (Sylvan) one night and jokingly I said "after worlds you have to do the hour record".

Cool. Are you headed to altitude?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
UK Gearmuncher wrote:

Your episode was very good. The guy on the previous episode, so so......

Who is the bozo you are referring to ;)

Great podcast and content....lets bump this up.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
marcag wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

Cool. Are you headed to altitude?

I think he would prefer to beat it by 1m in TelAviv than crush it in Mexico

Today he picks his bike. He has been testing 2 setups
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we get to know the 2 bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
Do we get to know the 2 bikes?

He has been pretty open about this stuff so I suspect no problem.

He has a Canyon (the one the Danes used at Worlds) and an Argon (the one Dan Binghmam used to ride)

He rides in two locations (Montreal/Bromont and TelAviv) so one bike will end up in each.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers. Nice bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but which handlebars ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Time Trial Podcast? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
but which handlebars ;)

The Canyon comes with a really nice, quite configurable bar.
The Argon bar is more basic but very configurable. But we did want to play with reach and it was the right decision (about 4 watts).
We have a couple of “upgrades” but I suspect if he picks the Argon he upgrade the cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds like another podcast in the making!
Learned quite a lot from the previous one…
Quote Reply