Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Base Building: Maffetone or...?
Quote | Reply
Good morning, I am 52 years old and getting back into the swing of things and looking for ideas on building a good base from now through the spring, here in the Northern Hemisphere. I have read to some extent about MAF method which would have me riding at 120 BPM which seems very low, but appears you need to put in a lot of time at this intensity. In addition, i did an FTP test and would really like to get stronger than the 165 I am at currently. There are others that suggest that is appropriate if you have a great deal of time, and if not, you should use intervals at higher intensity to maximize the use of your time. Any suggestions from people that have experience would be appreciated. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Base Building: Maffetone or...? [wanna_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have unlimited time to train, sure the Maffetone method may work but I'd use a submaximal test to establish you HR zones and not his formula.

Since you've already done an FTP test I'd suggest you go through Zwift/Trainer Road's library or buy a plan on Training Peaks that fits your lifestyle and just follow that.

This has been discussed here a lot.
Quote Reply