Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycleops training riser
Quote | Reply
I just realized that my triangular cycleops training Riser has three different height settings, and after watching a YouTube video, so how that you can actually stack two of them together to get more height if needed on a bike trainer.

I will admit that despite having a used my bike trainers for 7 years now, I have never once messed with the trainer block height settings.

Does anyone out there actually mess with their bike trainer front wheel Riser block settings to simulate climbs? Just curious, as I have always trained with the assumption that power is power, and that I will adjust to the inclines as needed when going Outdoors.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops training riser [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think about my riser. I think power is power.

Although the difference is when I am climbing a real hill outside my gearing is different than what I’m doing inside on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops training riser [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power is power but muscle recruitment can vary. If the incline is steep enough where that force is applied in the pedal circle can change. Having all the power in the world is great but if you can't apply it it's pretty useless.

Having said all that, I have a cyclops training block that I have only used on the lowest setting.
Quote Reply