Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CycleOps powersync trainer not working
Quote | Reply
I have an older model smart trainer from CycleOps that isn't working anymore. The blue light turns on and bluetooth connects to my device, but the apps aren't picking up speed or power. Even when I try to calibrate with the Saris app it doesn't do anything.

I reached out to Saris customer support back in September but didn't get a response. I talked to somebody on the phone there today, and they told me to try updating the firmware. The Saris app on iOS crashes everytime i hit the Update Firmware button, and on Android it doesn't crash, but the update fails and keeps looping back to the first screen.

I can connect it to my wahoo elemnt. I can go to calibrate, and it returns a value. When I'm riding, nothing shows up on the wahoo for power or speed. (not sure if it is supposed to or not)

Anyone have any tips to get this old trainer working again? It looks like there is a sensor under the drum that must measure the revolutions of the black sticker on the drum. I guess if that sensor is damaged, the trainer is probably trash. I cleaned everything really well hoping it would bring it back to life, but it didn't.
Quote Reply
Re: CycleOps powersync trainer not working [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an older powersync too, and I thought the firmware could not be updated over the air. Mine stopped connecting to apps a couple years ago, Saris had me ship it back to them for testing and they could not replicate the problem however when i got it back it still would not connect. After another talk with Saris they offered a replacement Magnus resistance unit at a slightly reduced cost because the powersync's have not been produced for a while now.
Quote Reply