Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cutting Oval Concepts bars
Quote | Reply
Gonna buy some of the Oval Concepts A900 bars.

Was thinking of cutting the final bend from the tips of these bars. I notice there are the metal tips there to insert your bar-end shifters.

Is it possible to cut them to remove the final bend and move the metal tips down? Anyone tried this?

Or am I just going to have to cut them from the other end to size?
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting Oval Concepts bars [Greg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am wondering why you want to cut them? I have the HED bars with a similar bend. That bend is a great place to wrap your hands around and use them for leverage. I would try them before you cut them...

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Cutting Oval Concepts bars [Greg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, according to steve hed at interbike, his bar has these same inserts to resist the forces of the wedges used to secure bar end shifters. however, he said that in his experience he has found that they are not actually critical. if you won't ever be using bar end shifters, i would not hesitate to cut the extensions to your liking. but if you will use bar end shifters, to be safe and to keep any sort of warranty, i personally would contact oval's US rep before i cut off the aluminum reinforcing collars, because oval may have quite differnent feelings about their necessity. you can probably find contact info for them on the web...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply