Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Custom swim cap recommendations (edit for clarity: not custom fit - custom logo!)
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any recommendations for good quality, low minimum order, custom swim caps? I need to get some branded with the team logo. From what I can tell this was last asked in 2013 so time for an update! Google gives some options but I have no idea of the quality. Thanks!
Last edited by: east31: Jan 17, 20 18:24
Quote Reply
Re: Custom swim cap recommendations [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you want a swim cap that is custom fit to your head?
Quote Reply
Re: Custom swim cap recommendations [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Although that could be a good idea. I was thinking more along the lines of a team logo.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom swim cap recommendations [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Do you want a swim cap that is custom fit to your head?

That’s what I thought at first too. There used to be a shop in Maryland (dc suburb) aardvark that may still be around and do it.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom swim cap recommendations (edit for clarity: not custom fit - custom logo!) [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a college swim coach for a dozen years. I found it easy to order a small run at any of a number of local or regional swim shops. You’re not going to be looking for the large online swim shops, but the ones in your city or region. These often specialize in caps and apparel for swim clubs, summer swim clubs, and college teams, so they can make a run of caps in a range of 10-30 or so.

Examples are the aforementioned Aardvark in the DC area, MI in Loveland, CO, and Pannell’s in Lexington, KY. I ordered from Pannell’s for years. Their clientele includes the University of Kentucky (SEC team with exacting standards), literally dozens of local and regional club teams and summer clubs, and pretty much every high school team in Kentucky, southern Ohio, and southern Indiana. Their turn-around is quick.

Point is, look for your local or regional swim shops and contact them. Their business is outfitting local and regional teams, so they specialize in small-scale orders, and have the in-house personnel to create or design logos, and put those straight into caps. I am positive that you can get a run of 20-30 silicone caps for $8-9/, or latex for less than $5/. Turnaround can be less than a week.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom swim cap recommendations (edit for clarity: not custom fit - custom logo!) [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info!
Quote Reply