Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Custom Finisher Plaque Idea
Quote | Reply
Hey all. I was hoping to get your help with an idea my wife and I had. It is a custom wood finisher plaque. Ironman is currently doing a few plaques, but nothing like what I’m thinking. I’m hoping to try it out with someone on here and after completion get everyone’s thoughts. I am slated to do Chatt in 2020, so I unfortunately don’t have a finisher medal myself. If someone wants to, shoot me a message and I’ll provide my email. I would need the following: a good scan of just the finisher medal ( preferably without the ribbon but I’m sure we can work around that), name, swim time, T1 time, bike time, t2 time, and run time. If you would like to provide age group place and/or additional info, we are open to whatever, as this would be a custom piece. After it’s all designed, ok’d and completed we would provide it to whoever helps us at the cost to ship it.

I just thought this would be a cool thing that others may want. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Finisher Plaque Idea [Streetsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? Nobody is interested? Maybe it’s not they great of an idea then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose it's really for the 'one-and-done' types and I'm assuming most on here are not of that type.

I've done 3 (IM) and plan on more. Where would I start - pick my favourite one? Or the first?

I suppose I might want something one day - once I've stopped doing these races, but for now, too soon for me.

All the best with it anyhow...

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Finisher Plaque Idea [Jigsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jigsy wrote:
I suppose it's really for the 'one-and-done' types and I'm assuming most on here are not of that type.

I've done 3 (IM) and plan on more. Where would I start - pick my favourite one? Or the first?

I suppose I might want something one day - once I've stopped doing these races, but for now, too soon for me.

All the best with it anyhow...

Honestly, I will be doing one for each one I do... maybe a few olys too. I like the idea for me in the pain cave or office. I like the idea of showing progression throughout. I’m in sales, it would be like collecting sales awards. :)
Last edited by: Streetsnake: Nov 10, 19 6:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't this already included as part of the registration fees on a sport event like most triathlons, getting some kind of "tangible proof" of your "exploit"...?
Your idea might interest race organisers. But it needs to be cheap ;-).

IMO too many details to add after the event in your idea. No need to include any kind of extra information.
A plaque or medal, or jersey, or flower bouquet is a symbol. It's meaningful and "powerful" enough as is.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll bite. Sent you a pm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt Ironman lets you make money with their logo.

And in our race we asked all athletes if finisher medals are important, and 99% said no. Which is good since we don't believe in them. We offer cool trophies for top 4, and the reward for all others is the unique race experience, plus we offer many cool raffle prices.
Quote Reply