Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Current saddle model closest to Fizik Arione Tri 2
Quote | Reply
Yet another "Tell me the best saddle" topic, and sorry about that.

Subject kind of says it all, I've been trying a few saddles over the past few years and seems like nothing seems to keep me from getting saddle sores like the old Arione Tri 2 from Fizik.

Had a Sitero and it seemed okay but it was hard and I couldn't stand much over an hour on the trainer with it. Moved to a Bontrager Hilo RXL and again it was okay, then moved to a ISM PN 3.1 and the saddle sores seemed to get much worse. I live in a Northern climate (MN) so a lot of trainer time this time of year. I like being able to move front to back on the saddle and I felt like the Arione allowed that.

In my searching I can't find much that looks like it is an equivalent to the older Fizik, is there a model that I am overlooking that is close to the fit and padding level of Arione Tri 2?
Quote Reply
Re: Current saddle model closest to Fizik Arione Tri 2 [jimmyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode the Arione Tri 2 for 10 years and then switched seamlessly to the Fizik Mistica large. I was a nose rider before and it was a perfect fit with the new Mistica.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Current saddle model closest to Fizik Arione Tri 2 [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, the Mistica is pretty close, much closer than it "looks."

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Current saddle model closest to Fizik Arione Tri 2 [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I rode the Arione Tri 2 for 10 years and then switched seamlessly to the Fizik Mistica large. I was a nose rider before and it was a perfect fit with the new Mistica.

How does the the Mistica compare to the ISM PN series (which I've found to be the best for me so far, but still not as comfy as I'd like)?
Quote Reply
Re: Current saddle model closest to Fizik Arione Tri 2 [STJ_2028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STJ_2028 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

How does the the Mistica compare to the ISM PN series (which I've found to be the best for me so far, but still not as comfy as I'd like)?

can't really comment, as it's highly personal. Lots of people love the PN saddles, but they just don't work for me. Best way to find out is to demo a Mistica and see.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply