Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Current Vision Metron Disc?
Quote | Reply
I have been looking to get a disc and considering the Metron...has anyone here ridden it or have any other knowledge about it?

It looks like they took one of their rims and then manufactured a custom fairing to make it a disc...but Vision seems to be working pretty hard to have a nice range of quality products. The new aero bar looks like a winner for them...
Last edited by: zooropa: Aug 4, 18 5:15
Quote Reply
Re: Current Vision Metron Disc? [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I belive that the metron disc only is avaliable as a tubular.
Quote Reply
Re: Current Vision Metron Disc? [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:
I belive that the metron disc only is avaliable as a tubular.

You are correct...i am prepared to be ridiculed...but I prefer tubulars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
I have been looking to get a disc and considering the Metron...has anyone here ridden it or have any other knowledge about it?

It looks like they took one of their rims and then manufactured a custom fairing to make it a disc...but Vision seems to be working pretty hard to have a nice range of quality products. The new aero bar looks like a winner for them...

So similar to HED/FLo, carbon cover over a spoked wheel?

Haven't ridden those types of discs only Renn/Zipp, but up close they look a bit cheap and apparently noisy.

They seem pretty pricey. What about a 2nd hand Zipp?
Last edited by: zedzded: Aug 5, 18 19:53
Quote Reply
Re: Current Vision Metron Disc? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price is one reason I would consider the Metron...I could get that for about as much as a used Zipp 11 speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Current Vision Metron Disc? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a Hed disc. It's not noisy- in fact a lot quieter than a zipp. It's not cheap(ly made). The carbon is not really stiff but you would not want it to be for that kind of wheel. You want it to be stiff enough to hold it's shape in all riding conditions- no stiffer. Otherwise you're just adding unnecessary weight to it. It is not a structural component.

I got it new for like $900 and it is every bit as aero as a $2600 zipp and the weight difference is inconsequential.

Plus it has an aluminum brake track so braking is much much better.

I don't know anything about the vision wheel.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Aug 6, 18 6:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Vision Metron Disc that is a clincher, and would say its on par with other discs like HED or Zipp. It is full carbon, which I wanted as I have a carbon rear wheel and makes swaping wheels easier. I bought it on sale at a great price, lower than the Hed disc and it weighs a bit less, like 100g. I have used it in 2 70.3 and a couple of training rides without issues.
Quote Reply