Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona
Quote | Reply
...is the post I'd most like to see right now. where are the pictures?

Bueller?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone see the Cervelo ad in the new issue of Lava magazine?

It was a picture of a P4 that said something to the effect of "Their goal, our starting point". Then it said they are working on the next generation of the P-series which was designed to be faster and "easier to live with".

So something new is definitely out there, not sure if Crowie will be riding it. Doesn't seem like a typical Cervelo move as they don't usually sponsor the big names, but we'll see.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The word I got was no new P in Kona.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I'd settle for any Kona updates at this point... P3, P4, P5, Lava Java, whatever.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The challenge with trying to launch a new bike around an event is the UCI. No bike company in their right mind is launching a new bike without UCI approval anymore. I think Specialized learned this twice with the Transition and then the Shiv, and Cervelo with the P4. All 3 times the UCI were saying legal; wait not legal, wait we don't know....then confirming not legal.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless I'm mistaken(which I'm 98% sure I'm not), the UCI approval process as it is now wasn't around when the Shiv, Transition and P4 were introduced. It was a matter of release the bike and wait and see. You could seek guidance but there was no assurance, like now, that a product definitely would be UCI compliant.

The UCI approval process was first instituted about 7 months ago:
http://velonews.competitor.com/...yet-%E2%80%A6_156262
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected!! Thanks!

Would love to get the skinny on how long that actually takes with time to market so critical in launching product as competitive as trek v. specialized v. cervelo.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, looks like he's on a Blue.... I'm disappointed.

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to see some side by side photos to believe that he is on something other than a P4. I know nothing but my limited exposure says P4. What pictures are the current ones? in the 25 pages of other mess I thought Page 1 showed a P4 and so did Page 2. Page 22 or so was too goofy of an angle to see much other than seat stays (again I know nothing) I am sure I missed something. If someone is confident and capable, I would like to see some side by sides. Crowie's vs a stock photo of the bike you claim he is on (whatever that may be). Get to it.

PS. I don't care what he rides I just want him to win.

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Reach high, think big, work hard, have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [Number2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that aint a P5 or a blue....trust me its something special :-D
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A LOOK 596 iPack? Thats special. To me anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you seeing pics?
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blog pic (Crowie's in blue):

The reason I think it's a Blue:

Link to original thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=3549807#3549807

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats what i thought too when i saw the pics. A buddy is very good friends + sponsored by blue--ive sent an email to confirm.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im surprised if this what crowies riding a week come saturday.....it doesnt have signature PRO missile aerobars on it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets stop linking to the small blogspot image. Try the original res one instead:

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [amclean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's a blue (unfortunately). The top of the seat stays where they join the seat tube ain't right.

amclean wrote:
Lets stop linking to the small blogspot image. Try the original res one instead:

Last edited by: The Red Baron: Sep 28, 11 2:55
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't have the typical (not straight) Blue chain stays either. Anything other than Cervelo just makes Vegas on a P4 seem odd, but man that top tube sure looks like a Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [amclean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the trailing edge of that downtube. It's weird! There's what looks to be a large depression (almost like a wheel cutout) at the part of the downtube nearest the headtube. The paint scheme, seat post clamp, and chainstays are all very Cervelo-esque. My guess would be that it's a P something.

I have a love-hate relationship with gossip mongering. In times like this I love it....

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The head tube and down tube look S5ish.

But the seatpost does not look cerveloish.

ish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possibly not the most colorful opinion.... but maybe it's just the new Orbea?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The smartass in me wants to say it's a Chinese knockoff from EBAY. I will refrain.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [El Scorcho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Def not a P4, the seat tube is dead straight....

Im voting new Orbea

Trek Speed Concept 9.9
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie spotted on a P5 on the Queen K in Kona [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah...the chainstays are what's throwing me off. The cross-section shape is familiar to Cervelo, but the overall shape of the chainstays (bowed inward) is not something Cervelo has incorporated into their tri bikes recently, presumably for good reason....

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The down tube looks filled in like a t4
Quote Reply

Prev Next