Login required to post replies

Crossfit doper wins sprint tri
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [craventri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t win overall, and got chicked.
Loser.

Only those who risk going too far can find out how far they can go...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m guessing the swim was short, or was down a lazy river. Unless he swims a 1:12/100m pace
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [strtezbckoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I misreading something? Isn't it the woman who was sanctioned (Kabboord), and won women's OA?

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to say her swim skill but swimming is part of CrossFit competitions so some are strong swimmers.
Last edited by: BGildenstern: Jul 4, 19 13:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats terrible...but if I read the link correctly that you posted she was suspended from Crossfit competitions. If the triathlon organizers don't respect sanctions from other bodies then she would be 'free' to compete in other sports. Sad but true.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although taking a banned substance is never okay and the ban is justified. It should be noted that what she took is a diet supplement to cut a few pounds so nothing that would affect her triathlon performance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was it Luke P??

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clenbuterol is a steroid like chemical so not just a diet pill. It help raise the CNS and increases energy. Cyclists have been banned for this drug.

It is on the WADA banned list with no acceptable threshold: https://www.wada-ama.org/...ement-on-clenbuterol

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually it's sanction from an doping agency that is then ineligible under all sports that follow that agency. I dont know if Crossfit follows official wada/usada sanctioning procedures or it has it's own "standards". But that's generally how doping control sports are governed.

Popped by a certified agency in 1 sport you are ineligible in all other sports that are governed by said doping agency.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHA!!! LOVE IT!!!

What a loser - both of them!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
Clenbuterol is a steroid like chemical so not just a diet pill.

Jack

No. It's a beta agonist like albuterol. Has absolutely no relation to steroids. It can improve energy, reduce fatigue, reduce appetite, increase heart rate and blood pressure. These are features of just about any stimulant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the same drug, clenbuterol, that Contador got busted for during the 2010 TDF. He also claimed that it came from contaminated meat.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [RoostBooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoostBooster wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Jack

No. It's a beta agonist like albuterol. Has absolutely no relation to steroids. It can improve energy, reduce fatigue, reduce appetite, increase heart rate and blood pressure. These are features of just about any stimulant.

No, its a lot more serious than albuterol. It is a "steroid-like" drug and promotes lean muscle mass growth and repair, weight loss without atrophy along with the stimulant properties. There is a reason there is a hard ban on it and not a threshold like other beta-agonist asthma drugs. Shes a cheat and Im sure this is a popular drug in a sport like Cross Fit.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordano wrote:
RoostBooster wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Jack

No, its a lot more serious than albuterol. It is a "steroid-like" drug and promotes lean muscle mass growth and repair, weight loss without atrophy along with the stimulant properties. There is a reason there is a hard ban on it and not a threshold like other beta-agonist asthma drugs. Shes a cheat and Im sure this is a popular drug in a sport like Cross Fit.

It has some additional properties over and above other sympathomimetics, but it is not even remotely "steroid like" and most of that research that is quoted is in mice and other nonhuman models. The data is human is definitely not robust enough to make that claim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Serious enough that Crossfit gave her a 4 year ban
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Serious enough that it is banned in all sports under the WADA code.
It is performance enhancing enough that athletes risk bans to take it.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious enough that we should take an athlete sanctioned for a banned substance in another sport competing in triathlon seriously. Right?

I mean, if this athlete had won an Ironman race I think the response here would be really different. Just because it's a local sprint doesn't mean that this woman (cheater?) didn't take a title away from fellow competitors.

Whether a substance is **bad scary steroid** or **just** a diet pill - it's still banned. And she received a BAN from her sport for using it. Why does this seem to not be a big deal to some of the folks responding here? I think it's a big deal (and it seems like chrisb and a few others do too).

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [swim13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell yes. A cheat is a cheat is a cheat. She took it to get cut while building muscle strength and to give endurance benefits. This helps in ANY sport. well maybe not Archery and darts, but I don't count them as sport.(whole other thread)

found this on a cross fit site:
CrossFit adheres to the standards set by the World Anti-Doping Association (WADA) and will only grant a TUE in strict accordance with all of the criteria details in the Drug Policy. The use of a prohibited substance to increase “low-normal” levels of any endogenous hormone and the use of anabolic substance are not considered an acceptable therapeutic intervention.
CrossFit partners with Drug Free Sport, which conducts drug analysis for the NFL, NBA, MLB and NCAA, along with 300 other sports and athletic organizations, to administer its testing program. A laboratory approved by WADA processes blood and urine samples collected from CrossFit Games athletes.

I guess this means they follow the WADA code but aren't governed by WADA, not sure of the implications of this with WADA sports. can an NBA or NFL athlete serving a ban compete in other sport?

Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [RoostBooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoostBooster wrote:
Jordano wrote:
RoostBooster wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Jack

It has some additional properties over and above other sympathomimetics, but it is not even remotely "steroid like" and most of that research that is quoted is in mice and other nonhuman models. The data is human is definitely not robust enough to make that claim.

I can tell you that clen definitely is used to build, and when dieting down hold on to lean muscle mass by a significant percentage of bodybuilders, both men and women. It works, and when speaking to people that use it, they have told me that the way it holds on to lean mass while dieting down is incredible. Validated by dexa scans across a significant sample size.

It had many similar 'benefits' to an anabolic steroid, but obviously nowhere near as 'strong' or potent in its efficacy
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim was short. I raced it. Swim distance was about 345 yards. A friend of mine was 4th OA female.
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rock wrote:
RoostBooster wrote:
Jordano wrote:
RoostBooster wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Jack

I can tell you that clen definitely is used to build, and when dieting down hold on to lean muscle mass by a significant percentage of bodybuilders, both men and women. It works, and when speaking to people that use it, they have told me that the way it holds on to lean mass while dieting down is incredible. Validated by dexa scans across a significant sample size.

It had many similar 'benefits' to an anabolic steroid, but obviously nowhere near as 'strong' or potent in its efficacy
Alberto Contador lost a few years and at least one TDF title from 'tainted meat from Spain.'
http://theconversation.com/...-is-clenbuterol-5246
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
point of order: isn't 'crossfit doper' redundant?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Crossfit doper wins sprint tri [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rock wrote:

The phrases I highlighted are true for many. Clenbuterol may not be a steroid but it is certainly a PED. Who may not benefit are those that stay lean naturally already, but to those trying to get down to a certain leanness or make a weight class and have to spend extra energy doing so it could be an advantage. Where the natural athlete has to have a much finer tuned calorie intake to lose the weight it could cost them in being fueled enough for training. There is a very fine line for these types to be fueled enough for progressive training load and lose weight at the same time.

dieting down hold on to lean muscle mass
Back in the day when it was hard to get Clenbuterol, those preparing for competition or to get leaner would use an ECA (ephedrine, caffiene, asprin) stack to get similar results until deaths started racking up. I personally have one death in my past circle from a fitness model that died of heart failure. It was said by a friend that she had just taken Clenbuterol. It was not accounted in her death, but that is what we speculate. I experienced several scary moments during the span of several years with high heart rate, but continued to use until it was too hard to get.

similar 'benefits' to an anabolic steroid
Again, the benefits are similar to how and why an anabolic steroid would be used in pre-contest. Bodybuilders, guys and gals, often switch from heavy androgenic type drugs to anabolic or "cutting drugs" as they were sometimes called. Drugs like Winstrol-V, Deca Durabolin, Anavar and others would help the person continue to train at a high level while dieting down. They retained less water than the androgens giving the person a more shredded look. Add Clenbuterol and now the lifter has to do less cardio to lose weight. Clenbuterol by itself could give a person the advantage in the overall pursuit of higher fitness by allowing the person to focus more on training and less on dieting. The natural athlete that struggles to lose weight has to manage training and dieting a lot more carefully and often they experience more training stress and fatigue as a result.

IMO - it is a very effective PED for some folk. Those that can get lean or stay lean because of genetics there is less benefit.
Quote Reply