Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CrossFit Games Swim ‘N Stuff
Quote | Reply
CrossFit 2020 games have come and gone, incredible fitness was on display!

Not bad swim strokes (relatively speaking) given this workout, for these athletes! (Event starts at 8:00 mark)

*also, the trail run event was impressive and nasty!! (Starts at 7:00)

Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games Swim ‘N Stuff [mitchrapp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they drug test?
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games Swim ‘N Stuff [Dinsky11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dinsky11 wrote:
Do they drug test?

Yes, probably more extensively than triathlon. In competition, out-of-competition. Unannounced.

Catches a good # of people. I'm sure there's still a good amount of doping going on. Same can be said about most sports, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is really impressive. With the load before the swim segments, swimming 50M in around 40 seconds is solid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I love watching the games. This one was extremely brutal. Haley Adams is only 19 and would absolutely crush most humans in any event.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games Swim ‘N Stuff [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed! Once Tia hangs it up, Haley will be around for years to come. Did you see her hands after the final event with the 300 pull-ups? She posted a picture on her IG story, talk about battle wounds!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang all of their swim strokes look better than triathlete swim strokes! Thought I'd see at least one really ugly one, but nope!
Last edited by: lightheir: Oct 26, 20 17:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike repeater was pretty cool too. I watched the women's event, several of them had a good cross dismount and mount, albeit with flats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those “sit ups” look like a great way to f*ck up your back.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mitchrapp wrote:
Agreed! Once Tia hangs it up, Haley will be around for years to come. Did you see her hands after the final event with the 300 pull-ups? She posted a picture on her IG story, talk about battle wounds!

So, just out of sheer curiosity, how did the 300 pullups event work??? Is it based on time, e.g. how long does it take you do 300 honest pullups??? That's a sheet-ton of pullups all at one time. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games Swim ‘N Stuff [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
mitchrapp wrote:

So, just out of sheer curiosity, how did the 300 pullups event work??? Is it based on time, e.g. how long does it take you do 300 honest pullups??? That's a sheet-ton of pullups all at one time. :)

Start watching at 40mins..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGnsQRI5sM0
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Oct 26, 20 19:59
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games Swim ‘N Stuff [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
Those “sit ups” look like a great way to f*ck up your back.

The GHD situps? It is one of the more dangerous CrossFit devices. But not because of the back, but the abs. It's great for tearing ab muscle, or getting rhabdo. In my gym people new to GHD are instructed to start with very low reps even if you feel good.

I've never had an issue the the thing, personally.
Quote Reply
Re: CrossFit Games Swim ‘N Stuff [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
mitchrapp wrote:

Start watching at 40mins..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGnsQRI5sM0

Very interesting, apparently they do "kipping" pullups which are definitely diff from "dead-hang" pullups. IMO the kipping movement makes the pullups a good bit easier, but 300 kipping pullups w/ just a few sec rest between each set of 10, 8, 6, 4, etc, is still a sheet-ton of work. I'll have to work on my "kipping" technique and see if I can work up to maybe 100. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply